Daddy Issues(7)

A/N: um no disrespect to the pretty lady I blacked out in the picture lol.
I just required Mr. Swing...thanks.

This was just supposed to be temporary. Having some fun, releasing my inhibition and fulfilling some long standing fantasy but now here I was sitting on this damn couch in my feelings while I waited for Dy to finish packing. We were heading back to LA in two hours and the fact that we're running behind wasn't easing my jumbled nerves. What happened the other night didn't happen again. I know what I said before but I couldn't do it. Why? Cause I was avoiding DeVante like the plague, which was easier said than done in this house. After that night and him nursing me back to full sobriety, I saw him in a different light. For the most part De walked around unfazed by a lot. He was full of sarcasm to deflect sentimental moments and jokes to back up the sarcasm. That was all well and good cause I didn't need emotions blowing my high but the way he cared for me and kissed me had me feeling some type of way. It was the icing on the cake that was baked with his intriguing conversation, sex appeal, and knowledge.

I should've known a man that writes love songs was gonna get my ass. It wasn't just sex anymore. For the past two days, I still thought about sneaking into his room but then I started wondering what it'd be like to fall asleep wrapped in his arms– my head on his chest and his heart beat lulling me to sleep. What the fuck?!

This was bad. This was all bad. I mean it wasn't the best scenario to start off with but I'm not sure "I'm falling for your dad" is an acceptable confession to end the year with.

I checked the time on my phone and rolled my eyes. If we missed this flight, Dyana was catching these hands. I wasn't paying my neighbor extra to watch my dog for another day and I could NOT spend another day around her dad or my ass was going to be in even bigger trouble than I'd already shamelessly gotten myself into. This could all be over in a couple hours; he'll be back in the valley and we'll be back in the city ripping and running.

"Let me up, kid." I tapped CJ's head which was lying in my lap as he stretched out on the couch. He hadn't slept much– too busy playing video games and enjoying the fact he didn't have a bedtime while on break. He yawned and slowly sat up then fell over to the other side of the couch.

"Dirty Dyanaaaa!" I sang loudly while I skipped up the steps two-by-two. I heard her scoff as I walked towards her room and mumbled something. She hates that and it's part of the reason I do it.

I chuckled as I peeked into the room. Instantly, it felt like butterflies replaced every organ in my abdomen when I locked eyes with DeVante. I couldn't imagine anyone every getting the chance to actually stare at him. He always seemed to know exactly when I was around or looking at him...and he always looked my way, even if it was just a glance.

"Ma'am, are you almost ready? We do have a flight in case you forgot."

"I'm almost ready, smart ass." She turned her lip up at me and I blew her a kiss, stealing a glance at DeVante who hadn't taken his eyes off me.

"Things would go a lot faster if you helped, friend." Dyana said, tossing a shirt to me.

I didn't tell her to pack all these damn clothes for a week! But I guess I could help her out...as long as she didn't leave me alone with her dad.

We all folded clothes in silence, throwing them into her suitcase while music played in the background. It made the room less awkward but it was still awkward nonetheless– at least with  me and DeVante. Dy still seemed oblivious or maybe she was just used to her friends being weird around her dad.

"Whoops, sorry." I quickly apologized as I hit De's hand when we both went to put clothes in the suitcase.

"You good." He smirked. He was always smirking. Like whyyy? I guess the incident broke the ice because whe started talking and my ass started swooning.