TWO

CHAPTER TWO_________________________A YEAR LATER

CHAPTER TWO
_________________________
A YEAR LATER

"Naruto! Naruto!" Ayame gave her blonde friend a small smile, tapping her fingernail on his shoulder to catch his attention.

"Ayame-chan?" He widened his eyes in surprise.

"Naruto!" Iruka hit the boy's head carefully with a textbook, making him open one eye in clear disappointment.

"You're not her." He muttered quietly, resting his chin on his arms.

"You were daydreaming again. Class is over." The brown-haired man informed the child with a frown.

"Sorry." Naruto said automatically, sliding out of his seat to leave.

"The homework-"

"I'll get it from somebody."

"Naruto.."

"Iruka-sensie!"

Iruka turned his head slightly to peer at the girl who stood by his desk, holding up a book with a pleasant smile.

"Ah, Ayame!" He smiled back."Are you returning that medical book?"

A light blush spread to the young boy's cheeks at the sight of her.

"Yeah! I think I've got the hang of it." She replied with a nod, placing the book down without a sound."Chakra control was pretty easy, to say the least."

"I still don't know why you don't want to skip to your grade level." He muttered with a slight frown, ruffling her ombré-color hair.

"Cause I wanna graduate with my friends!" She responded with a large smile.

"I'll see you tomorrow, ya know." Naruto called over to the man, walking past the two with a neutral expression.

"Wait, Naru!"

The yellow knucklehead paused. Naru?

Nonetheless, he turned around with the same expression he had on before.

"Yeah?"

"Aw, don't be so cold! C'mon!" She reached over to grab his hand, pulling him out of the classroom at a fast pace.

He cocked his head to the side, his eyes wide."Where are we going?"

"We're gonna play at the park, silly!" She laughed, her crimson orbs brightening drastically.

"Don't you have to be home? Don't you have princess duties to do?"

"You're more important than stupid heiress matters, Naruto."