TWENTY SEVEN

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN _______________________"Ayame

_______________________
"Ayame."

"Five more minutes." The woman mumbled sleepily.

Naruto chuckled, reaching over to
move a stand of her hair behind her ear."It's midnight."

"Oh." She opened one eye with a sheepish huff."What's wrong? I thought you were staying at the Tower."

"Boruto said I should come home." He told her with the same type of grin, rubbing the nape of his neck."Yelled, actually."

"I'm sorry." Ayame apologized with a guilty expression."You should go back. You don't want Shikamaru scolding you in the morning."

"Don't be stupid, dattebayo!"

She narrowed her eyes.

"I-I mean, he made me realize that I haven't really been here." He stammered, moving backwards off the bed. "He said that I'm making you feel bad, and you're trying really hard to make them happy without me. I'm the one who should be sorry. I love you so much, and-"

"Naru." She interrupted softly, caressing his cheek with a warm smile."You're the Hokage. Something you've fought for since I've met you. Do you really think that I'd be mad because you're living it? Because you finally made it? All that matters to me is that you're happy, babe. I love you. And just knowing that you love me too is enough."

He moved his head to the side, planting a kiss against the palm of her hand.

"God, you just made me love you even more."

NOTES
1 more chapter until the ending and then the sad ending

-theanimesociety x