NINE

CHAPTER NINE ____________________"Oh, come on

CHAPTER NINE
____________________
"Oh, come on. Why can't I remember my speech? I practiced this in the mirror and everything.."

"What are you doing?"

"Looking for an apartment."

Naruto frowned visibly, sitting down across from the girl at the dining table."But you live here."

"Chunin Exams are coming up and I don't want to stress you out." Ayame explained kindly, putting down the paper and pencil in her hands.

"You don't." He denied, shaking his head at an incredibly fast pace.

"It's about time, anyway." She assured him, leaning on her arm with a small sigh."I can't let you sleep on the couch for the rest of your life."

"I like sleeping on the couch." He lied smoothly, taking a bite of the cookies the girl had baked earlier.

"No you don't."

"Damn it." The boy hissed."How do you do that?"

"Thank you anyway, Naruto." She murmured, writing something down neatly on a separate sheet of paper.

"I won't let you leave!" He yelled stubbornly, shooting up from his spot to lean over the table.

Ayame tilted her head to the side."I'm only moving a couple of blocks away."

"To me, that's like-like a whole world away! Don't you get it?"

"I don't."

"I like having you here! I like that when I come home everyday, you're in the kitchen, cooking me a meal I've never had the luxury of having. I like that when I'm having a hard day, you're there to console me. I like that when I have a tear or a rip in my clothes from training, you make me let you fix it instead of wasting money on a new outfit. I like that I have the ability to hug you goodnight." He shouted."I like having the person who believes in me by my side."

"Naru.."

"So please don't leave me." He wiped away a stray tear."You're all I have."

"I won't leave you. Not ever." She pulled him into a tight hug.

"And I won't ever leave you."

"You won't?"

"It's a promise of a lifetime!"