THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN_______________________The two kids sat in front of each other, one of them chewing on their bottom lip while the other one shifted in their seat uncomfortably

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
_______________________
The two kids sat in front of each other, one of them chewing on their bottom lip while the other one shifted in their seat uncomfortably.

"So you're leaving?" Ayame asked quietly.

"Yeah."

She fiddled with her fingers."For how long?"

"Two and a half years." Naruto mumbled, looking down at his lap.

"Oh."

"You understand, right?" He questioned with a hopeful smile,

"No, not really." She shook her head with a loose shrug.

"W-What? Why? Did I not explain it right?"

"You said you wouldn't."

"Wouldn't what?" He cocked his head to the side.

The ombré-haired girl leaned back into her chair."Leave."

"I won't let you leave!" Naruto yelled stubbornly, shooting up from his spot to lean over the table.

Ayame tilted her head to the side."I'm only moving a couple of blocks away."

"To me, that's like-like a whole world away! Don't you get it?"

"I don't."

"I like having you here! I like that when I come home everyday, you're in the kitchen, cooking me a meal I've never had the luxury of having. I like that when I'm having a hard day, you're there to console me. I like that when I have a tear or a rip in my clothes from training, you make me let you fix it instead of wasting money on a new outfit. I like that I have the ability to hug you goodnight." He shouted."I like having the person who believes in me by my side."

"Naru.."

"So please don't leave me." He wiped away a stray tear."You're all I have."

"I won't leave you. Not ever." She pulled him into a tight hug.

"And I won't ever leave you."

"So what was that? An empty promise?" Ayame quizzed.

"Listen-"

"It's fine. I'm being stupid."

"Maybe we should take a break!" He blurted out, his eyes flickering up to her sadly."

"A..break? You mean on our relationship?"

The yellow-haired boy cleared his throat."Um, yeah."

She sniffed, wiping her eyes swiftly as she stood up and made her way towards the apartment door."You know what? Fine. I'll see you when you get back, alright?"

"Wait, Ayame-"

Slam

"I.. didn't mean it."