TWENTY FOUR

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR _______________________"Boruto, get your sister and come down to eat your food!" Ayame called down kindly, placing three plates of food on the fairly big table in their dining room

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
_______________________
"Boruto, get your sister and come down to eat your food!" Ayame called down kindly, placing three plates of food on the fairly big table in their dining room.

"Oh, Naruto, come down and eat your food." The yellow-haired man mocked lowly, walking down the stairs with his daughter in his arms, who was giggling to herself while his son jumped over to his chair.

"Don't do that." She scolded, the mald on his head while setting the small two-year old in her chair.

"Ow, Ayame!" He whined, taking his own seat by his son.

"Mom! Mom!" Boruto called, shoving a piece of scrambled eggs into his mouth.

"Yes?"

"How long have you been with Dad?"

"Eighteen years." She answered automatically, earning a large smile from her husband.

"Wow! But you're young, right?" The boy asked curiously.

"Twenty-four years old." She confirmed with a nod.

"So you dated Dad for like, more than half your life!" He exclaimed, shoving another piece of scrambled eggs in his mouth with the help of his father.

"Yeah!" She grinned ecstatically, ruffling her son's blond hair as she walked by.

"And you had a crush on Mom, right Dad?"

"N-No!" Naruto denied, shaking his head quickly with tainted cheeks.

"But you said-"

"That was in private." He half-whispered, laughing nervously as Ayame made her way back over to the table.

"Naruto, be honest." She sat down on the chair across from him and crossed her legs, leaning back with a smirk.

"M-Maybe I did! So?" He admitted in a defensive manner."I also loved you! Wait-"

"-Aww, babe! You had a crush on me?" Ayame cooed, her ombré hair moving over her shoulders while she giggled."And you loved me? Even before we were together?"

"Ayame, I swear I'll protect you!"

"It's a promise of a lifetime!"

"Before I knew it, I fell in love with her."

"I have a girl I love named Ayame."

"Leave this to me, Ayame-chan!"

"And I was devising a plan for us to go on a walk. A date!"

"Ayame-chan's gonna feed me?"

"You can't die on me! I promise I'd protect you, remember?"

"I would do anything for you!"

"Thank god you're safe. I don't think I could have lived without you."

"You are so amazing."

"I love you!"

Naruto shifted in his seat, a large grin making its way onto his face as he stood up and bent down by her chair to give her a sweet kiss on her forehead.

"You never noticed, but I've always loved you."