TWENTY TWO

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO _______________________"Why is this so damn hard to say?"

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
_______________________
"Why is this so damn hard to say?"

"It hurts so bad."

"I know." Ayame murmured quietly, biting her lip as she rubbed his shoulder to soothe the aching pain in his new arm.

"I'm stupid. I'm sorry." Naruto apologized suddenly, looking at her guiltily."You're stuck in a hospital bed while I'm just having stupid pain that could be taken care of with Sakura's medical ninjutsu or something. You can't fix what you have so easily. What am I even doing? I'm-"

"Hey, hey." She interrupted him, giggling lightly at his rant."I'm okay, really."

And she did look okay. Her eyes were full of life, her cheeks adorned with a pink blush that had occurred from her laughter. She looked happy.

He gave her a small smile."You're okay."

"Yup! Can't say the same for you, though.." She hummed."I think I can help."

"But you're not-"

She put a finger to her lips to silence him, reaching out a hand to place on his bandaged arm. A low green glow omitted from her hand, and his eyes widened in surprise.

He could tell she was tired, though. She had broken out into a minor sweat, causing her to collapse back into bed with a heaving sigh.

"A-All better?" She asked, her eyes flickering over to his shocked face.

He grinned suddenly, taking her free hand into his own.

"You're amazing."