C H A P T E R - S I X

§

Everybody quickly looked around the room after Fletcher made the announcement, trying to see who was gone. Jackson started to grow annoyed. With everyone sneaking off, there was bound to be more murders. Would he be next?

"Rum's gone," Marisa said after she scanned everyone.

"And Fox," Ella said, concerned and frightened at the same time.

"Oh my god," Raven muttered under her breath. "Please tell me this will be like when Teony disappeared."

Jackson scoffed. "Doubtful." She smacked his arm.

"We have to go look for them," said Damien said.

"And what if it's too late?" asked Fletcher, growing more and more paranoid by the second.

"But what if it isn't?" Raven said, and she started to walk out of the room, grabbing Damien's flashlight as she did so. A little annoyed, he followed her along with the rest of the group. Ella stayed near the end, and while everybody else wasn't paying attention, she heard something.

Like a shout. "Rum!" A familiar voice cried, annoyance and panic in their voice. And there was the sound of glass shattering.

Ella's eyebrows raised, and she grabbed the hand of the nearest person to her, not even thinking.

"What?" Trevor asked as Ella pulled him the other way from the group.

"I heard something," She said, looking at him so he could read her lips. "I think it was Fox."

When they reached the door, they gaped. It was a science lab, and Rum and Fox were on the ground, coughing and squirming around. Fox's nose was bleeding and Rum had giant hives all over his body.

Ella ran over to them and saw a piece of paper next to the glass. Trevor held it up to his eyes and read it in his head.

If you are reading this, then a poison has been spilt, either on yourself or another. The only cure is the following enchantment. Replace the last word with the name of whom you are curing. But hurry, it takes a minute for the poison to go into their bloodstream and kill them.

Trevor looked at his watch. It has already been thirty one seconds. They only have time to cure one person.

They knew who they were curing before they even said anything. He had been much more helpful than the other, but they still wanted to help both.

"You do it," Ella said, looking away. "I don't want to." She couldn't look at either the struggling, tortured boys nor the perfectly fine one standing next to her.

Trevor cleared his throat and read the enchantment aloud. It was long but it was also in English, unlike the spell he had practiced in the classroom. When it got to the last few lines, he breathed in and out, and continued. "From the forces of God, hear my plea, and reverse what had happened before it's too late. Use your strength, use your might, use your power to restore the wellbeing of the boy named..." Trevor took another deep breath in and out.

"...Fox."

Almost in an instant, Fox fell down on the ground, not from pain but from relief. It was a miracle how fast he healed.

Rum choked, red liquid spewing out of his mouth. The three watched in horror as he fell backwards, eyes shut and chest not moving whatsoever.

They barely said it in time.

Fox stood up, brushing his bleeding nose and staining his hands. He looked at Trevor and Ella, confused. "What just happened?"

Ella breathed in and out, heavily, trying not to look at Rum's paralysed body. "We had to save one of you," She explained, her voice cracking after what she did. "And we didn't have time to save the other." A single tear fell down her cheek, and she felt a burden weighing down on her. Suddenly, she felt bad about how she spoke to Marisa.

Fox looked at Rum and back at Trevor and Ella, and said nothing else. He felt a speck of guilt for being relieved that he was the one chosen.

"Rum, I'm so sorry," Trevor whispered. He couldn't bare to look at the body any longer, and turned away. The three walked away from the silence lab, Ella crying a little. They didn't know if they made the right choice of letting Fox live, and Fox felt bad with every step he took that he was living while someone else wasn't.

It took a little bit to catch up with the group, but when they found them they all looked shocked.

"Where's Rum?" Damien asked, confused. Fletcher put his hands to his mouth, realizing what happened. Fox held his head down, blood still fresh from his nose. He started to speak.

"Rum dragged me out when it was dark and thought we would cover more ground if we split from the group. Then, when we were looking in the lab, he spilled poison on our feet."

"Poison in a school," Rafe replied sarcastically under her breath. "you've got to be kidding me."

"We had to choose somebody-" Ella started, but she couldn't finish. Trevor finished for her.

"We had to choose one of the two to save before the poison killed them."

A chill was sent up Teony's spine. Two deaths. It was getting insane, and she didn't want to be next.

"We've got to get to the bottom of this," Rafe said, trying not to show any sign of fear.

The ten remaining students looked at each other, wondering who was going to be the next to go.

And maybe they could have almost heard the cackling of the dark magic that was trapping them, ready to pounce.

§

A/N

I'm so exciteddddddddd

I've seriously never been so excited to write an applyfic. Ever.

I am trying to write a lot because I start school soon and I am gonna have less time to update (that's why I double updated)

Also, I seriously love your comments. They make my day, and especially laugh! I also love hearing your predictions on what is gonna happen next! It makes me feel like you are part of the story, which you kind of are if you signed up! Some of you are even SHIPPING people, which I am guilty of too, but again it makes me feel so happy :)

Okay, I am going to end this long A/N now. Puffin out!