C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y - F I V E

§

Raven's eyes popped open once she heard Trevor's screaming voice. She jumped up from the ground, looking around for the others but was shocked when she found that no one else but Teony and her were there. She started to shake the black-haired girl until she woke up.

"Raven?" She asked quietly, still tired. She rubbed her eyes before she could get a good view of her. "What's going on?"

"Everybody's gone," Raven panted and Teony looked around, gasping as she realized that it was true, no longer sleepy.

"What?" She asked, still confused.

"Everybody's gone!" Raven repeated, panic in her voice. "Do you think they're okay?"

"I don't know..." Teony's voice trailed off as she stood up, looking around even more.

Raven pondered for a second, not sure where everybody was, but she did realize something. If they really were in danger, then she couldn't just stand there, hoping and praying about their safety. She made a decision, and started off towards one of the hallways.

Teony noticed what she was doing after a few seconds, and went after her. When she finally caught up, and grabbed Raven's wrist.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Going to see where they are!" Raven replied, trying to get out of Teony's grasp.

"Raven, no, it's too dangerous," Teony contradicted, pulling her back with a surprisingly firm grip. Raven struggled against it but it was impossible. She never knew that she was as strong as she was. "Something might have happened, and I don't want the same thing to happen to us."

"But what if they need our help?"

"I won't let you go out there," Teony said, gripping her hand even harder.

Raven sighed. She didn't know what was going on in her mind that made her do it, but she didn't really think too much about it except that it just felt right. Raven turned to Teony and kissed her, right on the lips. Teony was shocked at first, but didn't push away. Instead, she grabbed Raven's hands, enjoying the kiss for a little longer. A calming, sweet sensation rushed through their veins, making all their worries float away.

After a few moments Raven backed away, reluctantly letting go of one of Teony's hands after she remembered how worried she was about the others. "If they're in trouble," She whispered. "I don't care if it puts me in danger." And she started running off towards the hall.

Teony knew it wasn't a good idea, but she also knew she didn't want to stay downstairs alone, nor let Raven wander the halls by herself. After a moment's thought, she pulled herself together, joining Raven in looking for the rest of the group. Both of them were extremely worried about their friends, but the two just couldn't wipe the smiles off their faces, still giddy and uplifted about what just happened between them.

***

Fletcher turned his head to the running boy and quickly sprinted after him down the stairs, trying to catch up but it was almost impossible because of his speed. Through the rustling of the wind in his ear, he could still hear Trevor hopefully calling out to his friend, to help her.

"Stop!" He called out, hoping that his stomps would make a vibration that Trevor could feel, telling him to wait for him. "Trevor, slow down!" But he didn't listen. Of course.