C H A P T E R - T H I R T E E N

Just so you know, this isn't all rewritten, just up to the ~~~, which I will be deleting after you guys finish reading this. Part of it is similar, but I just rewrote it. And I like this version soooooo much better. So enjoy :)

§

Marisa and Jackson gaped, Rafe sadly nodding her head. They thought one of the three would die, if anybody, but the magic had gotten somebody, somebody that wasn't near any danger, or at least they thought.

"How'd it happen?" Jackson asked.

"Just like Jessica," Damien spoke up. He was in the back, so none of the other students expected him to explain. "The room got dark, and he heard a slight scream and when we could see again he was dead."

"But why Fox?" Fletcher asked. "Why Jessica?" The others shrugged.

"Maybe whoever killed them didn't like them," Trevor suggested, not sure.

"You didn't happen to say anything in the attic, did you?" Rafe asked, curious. "Anything that might have aggravated the magic?"

Marisa gulped. They had said something, but they didn't think that it had anything to do with Fox's murder. It couldn't have. "Well, yes," Marisa started. "But it didn't sound like what I said before! Nothing!"

"Right," Damien whispered. He came closer to them, but before he could contradict Marisa, Jackson spoke up.

"Before you blame her, I just want to say that I said the curse. She volunteered to risk her own life and I had to curse her the same way we did on the first day we got here, and Fletcher said the counter curse. Marisa barely made it out alive, so I think that you should get off her case a little."

Marisa was stunned by his words, for he was the one that yelled at her when he found out that she had unleashed the magic. She would have never expected him to stand up for her. Damien shut his mouth, going further back in the group.

"You really did, Marisa?" Ella asked, wearing an apologetic face. "You really risked your life? For them?" She suddenly felt bad for yelling at her earlier.

She nodded, and Teony, who was still needing support from Raven, stood up by herself, smiling. She knew Marisa had it in her, and she was glad that the others saw it now. Raven let go of Teony but put her hand on her shoulder, being a little taller than her. ~~~

There was a small silence, until Trevor spoke up. "What does it say?" When he didn't get a response, he clarified. "The note?"

Fletcher nodded and pulled it out of his pocket, ready to read it aloud. But when he opened his mouth, he realized nothing was written on it. Just a picture, a picture that reminded Fletcher of the tapestries seen around the school.

"What does that mean?" Ella asked, confused on what a sheet of cloth could do with clues.

But Teony knew instantly. "I think it means that we have to find it somewhere in the academy." She blurted out, and the others were surprised by her sudden outburst, since they wouldn't have thought that she would be talking so soon after Fox's death, considering how little she normally talked. But they looked at her in awe as well.

"Brilliant!" Damien exclaimed. He went over to Fletcher and asked to see the picture. He handed it to him, and Damien examined it, trying to memorize what it looked like then showing it to the others. Marisa and Jackson were the last to see it, and Jackson held it once Marisa was done.

"Okay then," He started. "we shouldn't waste anymore time, now should we?" The others agreed and they started heading out down one of the hallways, for they were more familiar with the school by then.