C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y - T H R E E

*republished because I forgot to look over my work, so I didn't finish a paragraph. Stupid Puffin*

§

Teony brushed her hair with her fingers. Specks of sugar were still buried in it, almost impossible to get out. They all walked out of the kitchen, including Rafe who had leftover cereal powder all over her and Trevor, who was covered head to toe in different powders he didn't recall the names to.

"Where the heck are the showers?" Fletcher mumbled, but no one heard. His hair was much dirtier blonde than before, and he smeared some of the chocolate off of his face.

"Let's just go clean up," Rafe suggested, and they all agreed. No matter how hard she tried, however, Rafe could not wipe her smile off of her face. She had just been so happy destroying the kitchen, especially doing it with her best friends.

The students headed to the boys and girls bathrooms that Mr. Barla had shown them on their first day. The girls and boys separated and started to clean up before returning outside. They didn't have time for showers, so they had to improvise by using wet paper towels to wipe down their faces, heads, arms and legs. Once they were done, they all met up by the lounge, standing in the hallway.

Teony was the last to finish, for it took her a while to get all the sugar off of her body. She didn't say anything when they all looked at her, then at everybody else.

"So," Trevor started. "what now?"

Raven's eyes went to the windows, noticing how dark it was getting. "The sun's starting to set, maybe we should get some rest so that we will have more energy for tomorrow," She suggested. She was very tired herself but had been ignoring it for a while, too preoccupied with other things.

"No way! Are you insane? Remember last time we went to sleep in this school?" Fletcher argued, shaking his head over and over. Whenever he spoke, Raven noticed his light Norwegian accent slowly slipping away, like his type of voice was morphing into theirs.

"But, Fletcher, I'm exhausted!" Ella whined. "I barely even got any sleep last night, not with Raven's scream!" Most of the others nodded with her, even if they didn't exactly agree.

"But this is a demon school, I really don't think it's the best idea to-"

"Fletcher," Rafe interrupted. "we don't really have a choice. I'm tired as well, and I'm pretty sure we're going to be in here for a while. We need to sleep." She winked at Trevor and Fletcher, motioning towards the book, and with that she sat on one of the chairs, closing her eyes as she got ready to sleep.

"What did she mean?" Trevor whispered to Fletcher, and he shrugged. Still confused but also curious, Trevor took the part of the couch in which he slept on earlier, and tried to fall asleep, even if he wasn't tired at all. Fletcher slept on the chair next to the couch, Ella and Teony sleeping on the other couch and Raven, not really minding her uncomfort, on the ground.

Trevor placed his hands behind his head, laying back and trying to relax. Thoughts raced through his mind, but he tried to settle them down so that he could actually sleep. There was so much to finish doing and they already lost so many lives doing so. How many more people had to die before they could get out?

Tired of all of his excessive thinking, Trevor relaxed both his brain and body, and slowly drifting asleep.

***

He woke up to the touch of somebody shaking him repetitively. Trevor opened his eyes to see a white haired girl he deeply recognized, and before he could say anything she put her finger to her lips, signaling for him to be quiet. Confused, he did as told as he started to sit up.