5

Mia looked at the large forest, and it seemed to get bigger as she stared at it. She just had to go in there and fufill the prophecy on the petal. Not that hard, right?

Mia slowly walked forward, and she entered the strange forest. In their town it was forbidden to enter the Forest of Black. But Mia had never followed the rules...

Trees with pink petals surrounded her, and strange, blue and purple flowers with what looked like teeth sat waiting at the trunk of the trees, waiting for prey. A bird called a mystic tune up above, and Mia looked up. The bird had green and blue feathers with a long beak. Its wings were small, but they had sharp tips on the ends of them, like talons. The grass shimmered, like someone had thrown glitter all over it. And the sun wasn't visible through the trees and plant life. Why would they call it the Forest of Black when it was so colorful?

As Mia got deeper into the forest, she heard something, a rustling in the forest. It was suddenly, all around her. Mia stopped, and suddenly, a feeling of dread exploded in her chest before...

Mia turned into a wolf, just as peculiar looking animals burst from the trees. Yellow-ish brown creatures surrounded her. They had scales covering them all over, from their small head, to their larger body, to their thin tails. They walked on all fours, and pink spikes covered their tails. They looked ready to throw Wolf-Mia out of their forest. But she wasn't going to let that happen.

The first creature shot a spike threw the air at her, but Wolf-Mia was faster. She dodged the attacked and raked her claws across its scales, tearing out a few onto the ground. They weren't as tough as they looked.

Mia had to stay in control. But this was her second time, and she wasn't very good at it. On fours, she was clumsy, and it was hard to manuver. And she wasn't used to biting.

Another creature, attacked with spikes, and soon they all were in on it. Many spikes hit Wolf-Mia, and she howled as they came closer. She knocked away a few, but then tripped and another animal swiped its spiky tail across her. Wolf-Mia whipped around and swiped her paw on the creatures, but then one tackled her. They all bite and tore at her chest until Mia couldn't take it anymore. She fainted. 

***