9

Mia awoke to the sound of giggles. She opened her eyes and looked around. She gasped.

Tiny people with wings surrounded her: fairies. The fairies had little mushroom houses all around, with small little leaves and petals as clothing. Glitter was scattered all around, growing like a sort of plant. 

Mia picked a flower of glitter up and sniffed it. A fairy swooped by and fast as light, she had shoved the flower of glitter in Mia's mouth. The fairy giggled and flew away.

Mia spit out the flower angrily, about to teach these flying witches a thing or two, when she felt a tingle in her nose. 

"AHHH-CHOOOOOOO!" Mia sneezed and glitter flew out of her nose. The purple-haired fairy that had played the little prank almost fell onto the ground laughing her head off and holding her belly.

Mia stood up and glared at the fairies. She didn't like creatures that weren't normal, especially mosquito-like fairies that liked to pull pranks. 

Mia stepped up to a pond and gasped at herself in the mirror. The fairies had messed up her hair and put some sort of sap into it, and she smelled worse than a thousand skunks!

She looked around to see if she could find Akea. Suddenly, a larger, pure white fairy came up to Mia. 

Mia glared. "What do you want, you little flying snake?"

The fairy smiled and held up a wand. "We can help you if you'd like." Her voice was small and fragile. "But we would want something in return."

"Okay okay. Just fix me up first before you make me go smelling like this and looking like this!" Mia replied.

"It'll be quick." The white fairy promised. She waved her wand and a circle of white air appeared. She blew glitter on it and it showed a lost boy in the forest.

"Akea." Mia gasped as she saw him. He was covered in dirt and mud and he appeared to be looking for something. "He's looking for me!"

"Yes. We would like you to bring him to us. We have always hated the tribes of humans that live in the forest. We plan to seek revenge by torturing him until he speaks of where the rest of his kind live." The white-haired fairy explained.

"No way. That is my friend and I won't let you do that to him." Mia said stubbornly. "Now I must be on my way."

The white-haired fairy narrowed her eyes. "Then we'll have to do this the hard way."

***