10

Mia opened her eyes. The last thing she remembered was having a fairy shove some weird, horrible-tasting juice down her throat, then everything faded to darkness. They must have put something in the juice to make her faint.

Mia looked down at herself. The fairies had made her a simple dress of grass and leaves, a small one too. They had tied her to a tree with strong, purple vines. Her hair had been cleared of the muck and they had done it in a simple braid.

"Mia! Mia, where are you!"

Mia's eyes lit up as she heard Akea's voice. He was coming to save her! 

"Akea! Akea over here!" Mia called back. The air shimmered behind her. The white-haired fairy appeared.

"Why thank you, little girl. You just gave us the ticket we needed," She cackled evilly.

Mia raised her eyebrows, realizing what a mistake she had made. She was the bait, she was going to lure Akea right to them. Then they would sneak attack him and the Fallen Leaves tribe would be tortured by fairies. 

"No! Wait! Akea! Don't come over here-" Mia was cut off as a blue-haired fairy used her magic to silence her. 

"There's nothing you can do now..." The white-haired fairy disappeared into the shadows. Same with many other fairies that had appeared.

"What? Mia, don't worry I'm coming!" Akea replied, and soon you could hear the sound of footsteps coming through the bushes.

Akea burst through the bushes. "Mia! What happened?"

Mia looked at him, then looked beside her. Then looked at him again, and looked beside her again. Akea raised his eyebrows in confusion. He didn't get it.

Suddenly, fairies exploded out of the underbrush, tackling Akea and using magic to make him float in the air, unmoving. 

The fairies smiled evilly and snapped their tiny fingers, making the two humans go unconscious again.

***

"Where are they!" the white-haired fairies voice awoke Mia. 

They were in an underground secret dungeon. Mia was in one cell, while Akea was in another. In the corner of the cells, each had a bucket and a tray to put food and water in. Next to it was a mattress, which Mia suggested was where she would sleep.

"Never!" Akea hissed. He was chained to a chair with purple vines. The white-haired fairy flew above him, hovering like a hummingbird. She had her wand in hand, the tip glowing with power.

The fairy pointed her wand at Akea and a blue power shot out of it, into Akea. Akea screamed as his eyes turned blue and his head slumped backward.

Mia was lying on the floor, purple vines chaining her to the ground. She couldn't move. But she could see.

"WHERE ARE THEY?!!!!" The white-haired fairy shouted in his ear when the spell had worn off. Akea held his head low, smoke floating up to the ceiling from the wand's power. 

"Never..." Akea whispered.

The fairy was about to raise her arm again to cast another spell when Mia yelled, "Wait!"

Mia used all of her remaining strength, focusing on one thing. She should've done this earlier, and they could have avoided this whole mess.

Mia burst from the chains, her eyes filled with pure anger. Mia had shifted into a wolf.