Chapter 1

"Ben! Lucy is clearly after the gold you inherited from your father." I got angry at how more dumb could Ben get.

"It feels real, Eve. I just can't get her out of my mind." He said pathetically.

"Just listen to me once. My break is almost over. She is not good for you, trust me on this. If you come crawling back to me saying that it was a mistake, I swear I'd kick you some where you don't want to be kicked in. Gotta go now, bye." With that, I left Ben alone in the park and made my way to the diner. He was one of my best friends from high school. I wanted to continue my studies but my parents left me when they got separated. Neither of them wanted me. There was never a time in my life when they were treating me; or even each other in a right way. So instead of being depressed, I was happy it was finally over between them. I was just shocked when they didn't even try to invite me to their lives.

They just provided me with a single roomed home and visited me after a month. Slowly those visits turned yearly and then they totally forgot about me. Later on, I came to know from someone that my mother died a few months back. I didn't really feel anything for her. She was already dead to me after I was born. Another few months to my mother's death, I came to know that my father got jailed for life for committing some serious crime. You see, not the happy perfect family. The one thing I didn't understand was that if I was their blood, why was I much more sensible than them? Since I hardly had any money, so I started working at this diner called "Sally's diner". It paid me enough to clear off my bills and to stop my stomach roar due to famine, so I was thankful.

"Excuse me?" As I was fixing my apron, I saw a guy call me. I quickly grabbed the tiny notebook and pencil and went to him.

"Hello, sir. What can I get you?" I asked politely in a professional tone.

"How about a drink that would make me feel better?" He said morosely without looking at me.

"Chocolate milk it is." I mumbled and wrote it on my notebook.

"Excuse me?" His head shot towards me. His blonde hair with black streaks was dripping in his blood red eyes. It looked as if he had been crying for a long time. I soon realized that I was staring at him, so I composed myself and spoke,

"Yes? Would you prefer anything else?" I asked thinking if he had a lactose problem or didn't like chocolate altogether.

"I was rather thinking more in the lines of vodka or shots?" He said confusingly.

"Sir, I apologize but it's a diner. We don't have those kind of alcoholic beverages. You might have to try a bar for that kind of stuff." What I was really thinking was that what kind of a goon he was.

"I'm sorry, I just never drink. So I thought maybe you'd have it." He looked sorry. I felt bad for the guy.

"Oh. To tell you the truth, I prefer chocolate milk myself for these kind of occasions." I said sincerely.

"Aren't you trying to get me to buy an expensive drink so that you should be appreciated for that?" He asked judging me. Alright, this is enough.

"One- It is the cheapest drink on the menu." I shoved the menu on his face.

"And two- I wanted to make you feel good. Seems like you deserved why you're unhappy." I said trying to control my anger.

"Well excuse me, Miss. Don't judge me." He said slowly.

"You started it first." I pouted. He just stared at me.

"Anyways, what do you want? Just tell me so that I'm done with it." I told him in a final tone. Customers can be a handful sometimes.