On the way to Vegas

Len took over driving while I took a nap in the passengers' seat. The drive was rather quiet. Probably because I was sleeping most of the way.

We stopped for lunch. Since we were going in a different direction then I had planned we stopped at Denny's which was the closet restaurant to the highway. I sat across from Len looking at the menu. I was starving. We drove for 3 hours already since my little melt down. While I was looking at the map I felt something on my leg I look down and noticed Len's foot is rubbing on my leg. I smiled hiding my face behind the menu. 

"I saw you smiling," Len says. I put down my menu, "you can't hide that from me," he smirks. 

I roll my eyes looking back at my menu, "Just look at your menu," I said taking a sip of my water. 

"You have a beautiful smile babe," he continues. I nearly choked on my water. Coughing. "sorry probably shouldn't have talked like that while you were drinking."

"Maybe you shouldn't talk at all while I am drinking," I spattered. 

He chuckled, " Sorry," he says between breathes.

"Not really something to laugh about," I said a bit annoyed.

He covered his mouth trying to hold his laughs, "Sorry you right he says," he covers his face with his menu. I look back at mine. I heard him laughing while keeping his face hidden from me. I sigh. Our waiter came over. I ordered a cheese burger with curly fries and a cup of coffee. Len ordered a omelette with bacon, cheese, and tomatoes, with some type of garlic sauce on top. Handing the waiter the menus I look out the window.

"You alright?" Len wondered.

I look over at him, "Its nothing," I whispered,  keeping my eyes firmly at the window. 

I felt something next to me. Knowing who is was I kept looking out the window, "What is it?"

I shrug my shoulder looking at him, "Its nothing just I haven't seen her parents in ages. Not sure if going over to them is a good idea?" I look down at the table.

"Shane look at me?" I look into his eyes, "do you want to keep this burden on you forever? or be a man and do something about it?" I looked surprised at him. He goes closer to my face, "Babes don't have that burden on yourself. Let them know it was wrong of them blaming  their daughter on you." 

"Yes well they can think that if they like I mean I know I shouldn't blame myself like you said but what if? Is what I keep wondering. Like what if? What if we haven't fought that night. She and my daughter still could've of been alive probably today? And Hazel would probably have divorced me," I sigh.

Len puts a hand on my shoulder, "Stop beating yourself up about this. Its not healthy. Also its hurting you feeling like that."

I was about to say something when we heard someone clearing their throat. It was the waiter carrying our plates of food on a tray. Len moved back over to his spot. I felt embarrassed being caught like that. "Here is your guys' food," he said there was something else in his tone I kept quiet and nodded my head as our lunch was being served.