chap|five

Don declined another call from Jennifer as Darnell came out of their bathroom. She was getting ready to leave to meet up with Naree at the mall.

Naree was still in Darnell's opinion the best hairstylist in Atlanta. She had now opened up a second location in Houston, Texas where she was born and where most of her family resided. She hadn't lived there since she was a baby but it was still a second home to her.

She was now in the process of starting her own weave line and nail polish brand. Naree was doing big things and Darnell wanted to take her out to just celebrate all of their successes. They were gonna do some shopping then probably do a late dinner since it was already five in the afternoon.

"Your phone has been ringing all day babe."

"Yeah I know. If I didn't have so much going on I would turn the shit off."

Don was getting calls all day from Jennifer. He was hoping she would get the hint by now that he didn't have shit to talk to her about. It had already been a week since she showed up to his office.

Of course Don didn't mention the situation to Darnell. He was praying to God that Jennifer's threats where just that and she had went back to Miami to find her daughters real father. For all Don knew she was black mailing a dozen of guys trying to pin her child on them for money.

Darnell didn't think too much about Don's phone going crazy. He had a three clubs and a restaurant to tend to and make sure that businesses were going smoothly. But she did notice how he would decline some of the calls that would come through. Don never not answered his phone in case something did go wrong with one of the locations.

Darnell just brushed it off and continued to move around her closet finding a pair of shoes to wear for the night. She had her outfit on already. A long sleeve cream colored fuzzy turtle neck with a pair of her dark blue high waisted jeans and her brown knee high stiletto heel boots.

She sat at her vanity pulling her now straightened hair into a low ponytail and added some Carmex to her lips finishing off her everyday makeup routine.

Darnell looked herself over in her full body mirror before walking over to Don who was sprawled out in their bed watching ESPN.

"I'm leaving baby. If you need anything call me." She gave his lips some pecks before he tried deepening the kiss. She moved away once a good minute passed.

"Stoooop before you make me late now."

"Naree know what it is." Don answered going in for another kiss.

"See you later.. for real."

"Bye ma."

Darnell left out of their room heading down to the play room she knew little Don and Kay would be. When she walked in little Don was playing his his Lego toys and Kay was coloring in a Frozen drawing book.

Little Don looked up when he heard his mommy come though the room's door. He looked up at her watching her every move. To say he was obsessed with his mother was an understatement. They didn't call him momma's boy for nothing.