chap|twelve

With a couple of weeks until the center was open, Darnell sat down in her office going over the list of potential employees she had to choose from. She already had a total of hundred and fifty students enrolled, reaching her limit.

Darnell laid out all of the resumes out in front of her on her desk and started to stack them in two different piles; yes and no's. She didn't have time for maybes, it was time to make her final decisions and start calling up everyone and tell them they got the job.

It took a good thirty minutes to get through each application. Starting with her Teachers and TA's she called up Alexa, Miles, Brittany, Alison, Chase, Karen, Sean, Cameron, Jackson, Alejandro, Angel, Jordan, Ellis, Persia, Kyle, Tasha, Trenton, and Dallie.

Next she had to pick people to for the positions of Lifeguards, Coaches, and Receptionists. She called up a young Terri and Keon who had experience in working as lifeguards at the YMCA. Hillary, Gabby, Barbara, and Ryan as receptionists.

Lastly, was the coach and assistant coach positions. She called Darius who would be filling in for assistant coach. Hanging up the phone with him she made her last call of the night. She dialed the number that was printed on the application and waited for the person to answer.

"Hello." His deep rugged voice boomed though the phone causing Darnell's stomach to fill with knots. She hated the way she felt with just the sound of his voice not even the man like that.

She cleared her throat before speaking. "Hi Carter this is Darnell from Kidz Acadamey. I was calling to inform you that I was impressed with you after our interview and wanted to offer you the job of Head Coach."

"Aww man. Thank you so much. I've been waiting on this call."

"I'm glad to hear that."

"Um also I wanted to inform you that we will be holding a little party at the center on Friday night for all of the new employees. It starts at six. Just something so everyone can meet and talk about whats ahead of us."

Darnell's thought it would be a good idea to have a little get together for the employees. Just something simple to where they could meet each other and feel each other out.

"Yeah yeah that sounds good. I'm looking forward to seeing you."

"Great. It was nice speaking to you Carter and congratulations."

"Thank you."

The two hung up and Darnell leaned back into her office chair. She found herself blushing and tried her hardest to shake off the feelings she had. She had to remind herself that she had a husband and the fact that she didn't even know Carter that well. She was his employer and he was her employee. She had to keep it all business point-blank-period.

-

Friday

With all of the anxiety surrounding the paternity results and separating from Don, Darnell was happy to be getting out of the house.

Naree had came over to help Darnell get the kids ready. They were going to be joining her at the party and then after they where going to be spending the weekend with her.

Darnell took her shower, did her makeup, and got dressed.