chap|twenty

A week had gone by with little communication between Don and Darnell. Darnell was trying to give Don space to cool off and Don was trying to figure out if he still wanted to be married to Darnell. If it weren't for the kids, they probably wouldn't have been speaking at all.

Even though they felt the distance between them growing they decided to go ahead and celebrate their anniversary. Don had already informed all his employees that he would be out of town and Darnell did the same.

Right now they we're standing in line at the port waiting to be let onto the ship. Don had picked a seven day cruise on the Regent Seven Seas that would take them to several different islands including the Bahamas, Barbados, and Dominican Republic.

Little was said from either one of them. Neither of them knew what to say. Don wanted to know was Darnell fucking Carter and Darnell wanted to know if Don gave a fuck about her cause he surely wasn't acting like it.

He had ignored her the whole morning when he went to pick her up from the house. He acknowledged the kids giving them hugs and kisses goodbye since they would be staying with Yameer and Naree while they were gone.

Don helped Darnell put her suit cases in the car and then they were off with only a limited amount of words being exchanged between the two.

Ten minutes passed until they were allowed on the boat. Once on they went to find their room. Down a long hallway room 314 was on one of the middle decks. It was in a great place which wasn't too far away from the main attractions like the pool, spa, restaurants, and theater.

When they got to the room Don opened the door and let Darnell in first. Walking into the suite they were in awe. They couldn't deny that the space was beautiful.

"You did good Don

"You did good Don."

Don didn't say much just replying with a "yeah". He came into the room placing their bags in the bedroom area. Laying down the luggage, he went into the bathroom closing the door behind him.

Darnell rolled her eyes at his attitude before pulling her out her phone to call Naree to tell her that they got on boat safely.

After a couple of rings Naree answered.

"Hey girl."

"Hey." Darnell replied tiredly.

"What's wrong with you. Your supposed to be happy. You with your man for a week with no bad ass kids to watch after."

Darnell laughed lightly. "I know it's just Don got this damn attitude, like it came out of no where. He doesn't say shit to me, look at me or acknowledge me at all."

Darnell threw her purse down falling back onto the couch, kicking her feet up on the arm of the chair.

"All I can say is that y'all need to talk about whatever it is that is bothering him."