Epilogue

Ten Years Later

Darnell moved around the kitchen as she watched over the pots on the stove, pans in the oven, and the mixing bowls on the counters. It was New Years Eve, and Darnell was busy making food for their annual New Years Party.

Over the years, they had made so many friends from Don's clubs, Darnell's recreation centers, and other business endeavors they had invested in

Over the years, they had made so many friends from Don's clubs, Darnell's recreation centers, and other business endeavors they had invested in. They were expecting a big crowd at their home tonight, and Darnell wanted to make sure that everything was perfect.

Just as Darnell got done mixing a bowl of her famous spinach and artichoke dip, the timer on the stove went off indicating that the wings she had in the oven were done. Bent over, checking to make sure the four pans of different flavored wings were done, Darnell felt two big hands grab onto her hips and a thick bulge press against her backside.

Jumping in his hold, Darnell placed the aluminum foil lids back on top of the pans and turned off the heat deciding to leave the meat in the oven to keep warm.

"You scared me!" She slapped Don on his hard chest as he pulled her closer in his arms. "I couldn't help myself. You bent over with these little ass shorts on got me ready to put you in this counter."

After all these years Darnell was still the apple of Don's eye. Yeah, they fused and fought, but they made sure to never go to sleep mad at each other. People always asked them how could they still be this happy after being together for so long, and the only thing they could tell them was God, and they did what they had to do to have a happy marriage.

After going through the whole mess with Don cheating, Darnell finding out, and them integrating more children into their lives, they had to learn to let things go and move on. They thought the thing that brought them together eventually was when Darnell had Cam and Bray. Her having the twins, made Don and Darnell not only see that they had so much love for each other but, also what their love could do once it came together.

Darnell just giggled as Don nibbled on her neck and spoke sweet nothings into her ear as he rubbed up her back and down to butt- squeezing it tight with his huge hands.

"Can y'all not do that around all the food?"

Don sucked his teeth as he watched his now fifteen year old son, lil Don, come into the kitchen.

"No, but you can leave your momma and me alone."

Lil Don was growing up to be a great young man. Yes, he was still a mamas boy, and proud of it. Now in high school, lil Don had all the little girls flocking around him. Over the years he had grown just like Darnell predicted to be tall and handsome just like his father. He was almost Don's height, and definitely taller than Darnell.