chap|thirty-two

*Not edited. My bad. 🤭

Don sat behind Darnell rubbing her shoulders as she sat between his legs on a exercise ball.

Currently, they where in a Lamaze class trying to get Darnell ready to have the twins. Earlier in the week they went and checked in with Dr. Chance and he informed them that it was a good chance that the boys would be here in the next two weeks. Almost thirty-five weeks Darnell was ready to pop.

Dr. Chance advised Darnell to take a class to help her get ready to deliver. They found that Baby A was head down but Baby B was breached. Don joked that Baby B had Darnell's personality just by how stubborn he was.

They were hoping that this Lamaze class would help the baby turn, cause without it Darnell was destined to have a c-section, which she didn't want.

They also found that she was already two centimeters dilated and as the days went on, her stomach was getting heavier and lower. Sleeping was becoming hard to do and with her already on bed rest everyday that passed it was getting harder and harder for her to relax.

Darnell relaxed her breathing as she did a small circular motion with her hips trying to not to focus on the nagging pain she had in her back.

"You okay mama?"

Don watched around the room to the other couples who were in the class with them. Some where with their husbands, fiancés, or boyfriends and there was two couples who's significant others were women.

Darnell sighed. "Yeah." frustrated feeling like this 'breathe-in-and-out' shit wasn't working. At least not for her.

"You don't sound to sure to me."

"My back is just killing me." She moved side to side adjusting her self trying to shift the pressure in her back.

"Where?" Don moved his hands down from Darnell's shoulders to her back needing his knuckles into her back muscles in circular motions. 

"Down some more."

"Here?"

"Down."

Don kept going till he was down to the crease of her back.

"To the right a little."

Darnell moaned when Don's hands messaged her back taking some pressure off. She threw her bead back thanking God for Don's large heavy hands, which were performing magic right now.

Don just laughed at Darnell's response. He knew that he could never understand or feel what she was feeling at this moment or anytime she carried his kids. He just wanted to help ease whatever pain she was going through and let her know that she wasn't in this alone. He would always be there for her whenever she needed him.

"Thank you baby." Darnell smiled feeling a little bit better then she did before.

"You know I got you ma." Don kissed her check and ear, then her neck tenderly while wrapping his arms around Darnell's belly with those big miracle worker hands of his.

Moments passed before the instructor came in rejoining the class and spoke. She talked about how using the techniques she showed them would help the ladies stay calm when it was time to deliver.

Darnell zoned out as she spoke. Nothing she talked about or showed them seemed to help her. She reminisced on how little Don's birth was so easy. She was able to do it with no drugs and a little bit pushing. She was just hoping it would be the same or less stressful as it was then.

-

When class was dismissed Darnell and Don found their way to a quiet little restaurant close to the kids school since it was a couple of hours left before it was time to go pick them up. The restaurant was American themed that had simple, but delicious food.

Not a lot of people knew about the small quaint place, which made the environment even better. The two was glad they found the eatery today and would definitely be back. 

As soon as their food was placed in front of them, they thanked the waiter, prayed over their food, and then dug in. Don ordered steak quesadillas, while Darnell had the signature grilled cheese sandwich that included Cajun style chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, pepper jack cheese, spinach, and onions on French styled bread. Don also ordered a large side of fries to share between the two of them.

"Can you believe that the boys are going to be here in about two weeks?"

Darnell wiped her mouth before responding. "Yeah I'm excited." Darnell grabbed a fry taking a small bite of it before continuing.

"I'm just nervous. Having two babies is nerve recking. What if Baby B is still breached and I have to have a c-section? I just want to have a smooth and safe delivery and for them to be okay."

Don reached across the table grabbing and holding on to Darnell's hand brushing his thumb over her knuckles. "It will ma. Dr. Chance knows what he's doing and I promise I won't let anything happen. God got us."

Sighing, Darnell wanted to believe Don and everything he said but it was still a small part of her that couldn't help but feel nervous.

"Before all of this other stuff started happening, I wanted to have a water birth. They say that the water is calming and helps birth move faster and it's much more relaxing."

"To be honest I'm glad that that's not an option anymore." Don chuckled while Darnell gasped placing her hand over her chest.

"Why?"

"I hear you when you say it's calming and all of that but, I hope you wasn't expecting me to get in the water with you." He made a stank face turning his nose up as if he smelled something bad.

"I've seen you give birth before baby. All
That blood and stuff. I wasn't getting in that nasty placenta water."

They both laughed.

"What are you even saying right now?" Darnell laughed harder holding her belly as it jumped up and down just like her chest. Don just smiled at how the glow on Darnell's face made her look even more beautiful. Her now chubby cheeks where red resembling the shade of a sweet apple and her smile was so bright.

"What you think God gave you those big ole hands for?" Darnell reached out for his hands flipping them over on the table, tracing the thin long creases he had in his palms. "With a couple of pushes you could have caught both of your sons."

"Thats wild ma."

"Mhm. But we still have stuff to do before the twins get here."

"Which is?" Don questioned dipping a piece of quesadilla in salsa then taking a bite.

"We still have to finish their nursery and" she elongated "we still have to decided on names."

"We have time to do both of those with time left over."

"Two weeks babe and that's if they come on time. They can come any day earlier if they chose to."

"Mama do you trust your man?"

Darnell didn't respond. She brought her drink to her lips taking small sips. Don sucked his teeth, sitting back on his side of the booth. "Darnell don't play."

"Dang babe. I was just playing." She rolled her eyes. "You know I do."

"Alright then. Don't doubt ya boy."

Darnell nodded. She hoped that they would have everything done before the babies come. If these babies where anything like her and Don, they would be coming on their own time.