Chapter 18 - Maddies Getting Better

*edited*
***Sophia's POV***

Its our second day in the hospital with Maddie it looks like she's doing better.
The doctor says that we still have to stay here tho even tho we dont want to. Just a night being in here sucks but anyway we where all in the hospital room with Maddie. She was wide awake. Ivan had her and was playing pick a boo with her and using her stuffie. So, she was squealing and giggling Jackson was taking a shower and me and Lucas where laying on the bed. My family was supposed to be visiting and Emilio is bringing the boys here so, they can see Maddie bc they have been wanting to see her. I'm trying to put her down for a nap but she's not wanting to be away from Ivan. But I keep trying until she starts screaming great. I finally get her away from Ivan once I get her settled I pull down my shirt and let her latch on I walk to turn off the lights. After, I turn off the lights I start rocking her side to side and start singing.

Sophia: There's a want and there's a need
There's a history between
Girls like her and guys like me
Cowboys and angels
I've got boots and she's got wings
I'm hell on wheels and she's heavenly
I'd die for her and she lives for me
Cowboys and angels

We ride side by side
A cloud of dust, a ray of light
My touch is her temptation
Her kiss is my salvation
She's sweet, I'm wild, we're dangerous
Cowboys and angels

I'm not sure why her path crossed mine
Accident or grand design
Maybe God just kinda likes
Cowboys and angels

We ride side by side
A cloud of dust, a ray of light
My touch is her temptation
Her kiss is my salvation
She's sweet, I'm wild, we're dangerous
Cowboys and angels

There's a want and there's a need
There's a history between
Girls like you and guys like me
Cowboys and angels.

After I finish singing she's fast asleep so I lay her down in her pack n' play. (Image Below⬇⬇)

***Lucas's POV***

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

***Lucas's POV***

We have been in the hospital for two days now. Maddie is getting better she's just not there yet. I look at her in her pack 'n play and she's laying there sleeping peacefully. Sky wanted to get in with her. So, I pick her up and set her in there and she cuddles up to Maddie. Maddie started to stir so I gently put a blanket over her. When, I backed up she started screaming and crying I pick her up and rock her gently. Next, thing I know is all kinds of doctors and nurses are taking her from me and pushing all of us out of the room. Sophia comes up to me (she went to the hospital cafe after Maddie fell asleep). She went to go in the room and I stop her

Lucas: Baby you can't go in there the doctors just pushed all of us out and took Maddie from me.

She starts crying. After, a while the doctors come out and tell us we can go in and when I see Maddie I run to her and pick her up. I cradle her to my chest and hold her.
***Few Hours Later***
I'm still holding Maddie and I havent put her down since the incident with the doctors and all. Maddie is starting to stir soon she wakes up and starts crying. I walk to her carrier and took out her dummy stuffie and gave it to her. She quited down and started sucking on her dummy. I walked to the mini fridge in the hospital room and took out a bottle full of breast milk and warmed it up. It's one of the small nuk bottles I took out her dummy and she started to whine and I quickly put the nipple of the bottle in her mouth. She started to suck and she calmed down and drank the bottle, when she was done I laid her down on the hospital bed and started to undress her. After, she was undressed I grabbed one of her baby towel and wash cloth and started the water and then grabbed Maddie and started to wash her. After, I washed her I put her in a onezie that was mint, white, and black. It came with a bow and little booties.(pic down below↓↓)

After she was dressed I put her blanket over her and she was wide awake so I started to play with her

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

After she was dressed I put her blanket over her and she was wide awake so I started to play with her.

Sophia came back in from taking a shower and saw Maddie wide awake and walked over to us and took Maddie from me

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Sophia came back in from taking a shower and saw Maddie wide awake and walked over to us and took Maddie from me.

Lucas: Give me my baby girl back.

Sophia: No she's my baby and I can hold her or take her if I want to my baby.

I just let her keep her since I held her the whole time she was sleeping.

***Sophia's POV***
I was taking a shower. When, I got out I put on a sports bra and some shorts. Maddie should be waking up for a feeding soon so I didn't put a shirt on. I walked out the bathroom and my baby was wide awake just staring everywhere. I see Lucas changed her and was playing with her but she was just sitting there looking around and smiling that cute little smile of hers. Sky and Bullet started running around chasing each other so I put them in the crate where they or anyone else won't get hurt. Soon, Maddie started to cry so I pulled down my sports bra and let her latch on. After, she latched on I grabbed her blanket and put it over her rocking her side to side.
***30 Minutes Later***
Maddie finished nursing and was asleep I was still rocking her but in a rocking chair now. Maddie started to whine so I grabbed her dummy with her name on it. And put it in her mouth.

――――――――――――――――――
1008 words yayy I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while I've just been super busy and haven't had the time but I finally updated yayy love you guys- Aleia💖💖💖