The Burning Taste

"Congratulations, doctor!"

Isabella 'Bella' Margaret Clarke is like most modern women. She values her future and family before anything else and thus she finished her medical portfolio/thesis in University of Oxford on top of her batch. Her plan? To be an Obstetrician/Gynecologist and travel to third world countries to help women to have a healthy pregnancy and a safe delivery.

"Bella! Twilight chick! Hey!"

Bella turned around and narrowed her eyes at Abigail Simon, a dear friend. "Please, don't call me that. I existed way before her." She said smiling and then hugging her friend. "I can't believe we survived this!"

"Oh, man. There was no doubt of you surviving." Abigail laughed hugging Bella back. "Hey! Remember your promise?" she asked as both pulled away from the hug and she rolled her eyes when Bella gave her a confused look. "You promised that we'll go clubbing when you finish your portfolio."

"Did I?"

Abigail sighed exasperated. Typical Bella to pretend she doesn't remember anything when she doesn't want to do it. "For someone with a photographic memory, you surely cannot play stupid well."

"I will see you in Mahiki tomorrow night?"

"YES! FINALLY! I shall call the cavalry!"

And so, a day after she became a doctor, Bella found herself staring at herself in the mirror inside one of the ladies' room in Mahiki. Her long black hair curled, her warm brown eyes framed by her long black lashes and warm brown toned eyeshadow, her heart shaped face almost clear of make up apart from the light blush she had on, and her lips painted a luscious red. She sighed when she heard her friend, Samantha and Abigail, banging on the door calling for her to come out.

"Did you hear?!" Abigail almost screamed at Bella's ear. "Prince Harry is here!"

Bella flinched slightly moving away from Abigail, "Who?"

"Prince Harry!" Samantha shouted. "We're gonna try and have a look at him! Wanna come?!"

Having no interest with being entangled with a massive crowd of women who are all probably trying to be discreet on having a glance at the prince, she shook her head. "I'll just see you guys around!" she smiled and the two girls nodded before sauntering off.

"One mojito, double shot, please." Bella told the bartender who nodded and started making her drink- doubling every shot of alcohol poured in it. She was about to hand her card towards the bartender when a hand suddenly shot out and stopped her from doing so. "Hey-" she stopped when she realized who had blocked hers and her mouth almost dropped open but instead, she remained calm and composed, pulling her hand away.

"This one's from me." Prince Harry said looking at the bartender and handing over his own card. "I'll have Jack and Coke." He continued before turning to look at Bella with a smile on his face. "I'm Harry."

Bella, being Bella, scrunched her forehead and said, "I think that's quite obvious."

Harry laughed. It was a dare. Yesterday, him and Meghan broke up again. They broke up quite a few times the past two years- they break up whenever he feels like finally he's ready to settle down. He woke up today not knowing where he stood once again. He doesn't know if they'll get back together or not or whether if it will work out again or not. And so, just like their past break ups, he decided to go out with the lads.

The night started out normal. When he came in, men and women started noticing him but didn't dare come near him. As always, people played like he wasn't there. Up until a few drinks later and his more rambunctious high profiled friends started poking fun at Harry and started daring him to get over Meghan.