Lying is Easy

A day after she got back to England, Bella figured that she should start going back to work. As her mind said, Depression won't stop you. And so, she mustered up all energy she has and drove out of her house early that morning. First, she stopped on her usual cafe to buy her usual large double shot cappuccino and croissant; then she drove towards Mary Mediatix Medical Center.

"Doctor Clarke!" Kathy Frier, Bella's assistant, greeted in shock as Bella suddenly entered the clinic. "I wasn't expecting you."

Bella smiled, "Good morning too, Kath."

Kathy blushed and said a good morning back following Bella into the doctor's main office. "Your patients were directed to your mom's office." She explained when the doctor asked about how her patients are. "There were 4 births the past month; Aspen, Mason, Greer, and Reed. No casualties."

"Normal or caesarian?"

"Mrs. Greer had to have an emergency C-section."

"Ok. What time is my consultation?" Bella asked.

"At 11, doc."

Bella nodded sitting behind her desk and sifting through the files on it. "Ok. Thank you, Kathy."

Kathy smiled before turning around and walking towards the door but stopped when she remembered something , "I'm sorry but I forgot to tell you that a Mr. Harry had been asking about you a few days ago." She said and Bella looked up at her with wide eyes. "I told him that you were in the US."

Bella shook her head. Stop assuming Bella! Maybe he was just concerned. "Ok." She said going back to her paperwork.

After Kathy left, Bella took her phone off of her bag and scrolled through her contacts- her thumb looming above Prince Harry's name. She bit her lip. Should I or should I not? She thought leaning back on her chair still looking at her phone. Would it hurt to ask if I ask him why he was calling? However, before Bella can type her message, she got a knock on her door making her look up to see her father slowly getting inside her office. "Hey dad." She greeted placing her phone on top of the table and standing up from her seat to give her father a quick kiss on the cheeks.

"Should you be at work too soon?" her father asked patting her shoulders. "How was Doctor West?"

Bella sat back down on her chair while Doctor Gerard sat in front of her. "He's great." She answered with a smile. "He told me to send his regards."

Gerard nodded with a smile. Both father and daughter are quiet as the air suddenly became tense. "How was the check up? Are you still doing fine?"

Gulping, Bella then gave her father a reassuring smile. "It was good." She lied not wanting to tell her father yet that she needs to have surgery soon. "Told you I was just tired."

The father nodded, he can see through Bella. He can see the fear in her eyes and he didn't want to push it further. "Well, if you need anything.."

"I know, dad. Thanks."

After her father left, Bella gave out a sigh of relief and leaned back on her chair- turning it to look out the window. How can I tell them? She asked herself. She couldn't handle seeing her parents get worried and she couldn't handle being treated like a sick patient because her parents can be overbearing. Given that they're parents and that they are supposed to be overbearing, still, Bella would prefer being treated like a normal person and not a fragile one. She grabbed her phone off of her table and typed her message to Harry.

Hey, I heard you were calling. What's up?

At a Heads Together event, Harry felt his phone vibrate in his pants and he checked it briefly to see Bella's name on the screen. He smiled. She still talks to you! His mind cheered and he suddenly felt lighter making him smile from ear to ear. But his smile was quickly wiped off when William asked, 'how's Meghan?' from beside him. Harry shrugged and placed his phone back in his pocket while Kate gave him a knowing smile.