The End of Something

Harry thinks he's going mad.

The prince stood in front of his full length mirror staring at himself; by his feet are a heap of clothes he had previously tried on. I think I shouldn't be too formal. He thought deciding to change into a more casual button up shirt and jeans. This is it. This is perfect. He thought before grabbing his keys on top of his drawer and a bottle of wine he had stolen from Kate and William on top of his dining table.

Bella tapped her wooden spoon on top of her stove in thought. Why did he want to have dinner? She thought probably for the millionth time. Is he going to tell me he can't see me anymore? But then she quickly shook her head. What if he does? I shouldn't care. Stop being so stupid, Bella. Tonight she had cooked some mashed potatoes, peas and carrots, rib eye steak with mushroom sauce, and she baked a cake just to hell with it. Glancing at her clock, she saw that it's 6:30pm- she decided to take a quick shower and change clothes.

Well, what will I do if she says that she doesn't feel the same? Harry thought as he drove his way towards Bella's house. The whole drive; all he could think about are possibilities. What would he do? He's going to put his feelings on the line; he's going to put it out there. But of course, he can't always believe that he will get what he wants and so he's opening up his mind on a possible refusal or rejection. He parked on the open spot behind Bella's black BMW. Well, here goes nothing.

His heart thudded inside his chest as he walked his way towards her front door; one of his hand clenched the wine bottle and the other knocked on her door. When the door opened, everything inside his mind disappeared as Bella smiled at him, gave him a tight hug, before ushering him inside the house.

"So, how have you been?" Bella asked taking the bottle of wine from his hand and walking towards the kitchen.

Harry smiled following her. "It was great."

Because he fixed things with Meghan. Bella frowned at the thought but quickly shrugged it off by giving out a breath and facing Harry with a smile on her face. "That's good to hear." She said and he saw his face go bright red- she decided to ignore that as well.

It is a feeling of just wanting to grab Bella and kissing her when she turned and smiled at him. Her hair falling into perfect places, her eyes sparkling, her lips stretched out in a smile. It is tempting for Harry. Keep yourself together. His mind warned and he breathed in deeply before asking, "So, any help I can offer?"

"Just help me bring these plates to the table." They sat facing each other as they ate dinner. It was silent and there's awkwardness in the air due to words Harry wanted to say. Bella, on the other hand, doesn't know how to pry Harry into telling her what he wanted to say until finally, she sighed and asked, "What's up?"

She's straight to the point. Harry thought as he looked up at Bella's intent face. He shook his head. I need more wine before I get though this. He thought before smiling. "I think we better finish dinner first before I do."

Bella reluctantly nodded and they continued eating in silence. This is absolutely unusual. She thought after the main course and she glanced at Harry who's poking and slowly eating the cake she had baked. If he's going to say that we can't be friends anymore, then why not just say it? She thought not having anymore appetite and placing her fork on her plate gently. "Really, Harry. What's wrong?"

Harry sighed, "You remember when I kissed you back in Thailand?" he asked looking up at Bella.

The doctor nodded her head slowly, "Yes. And I told you, it doesn't matter." She answered not really wanting to open that topic once again. "Are you bothered by it still?"