When Love is Not an Answer

Harry drove back to Kensington more confused than ever. Should I permanently break up with Meghan? He thought stopping at one stop light. How can I do that? I was planning on marrying her just a few months ago. The part of him argued and he sighed when he noticed the light turned green. You'll let go of a relationship worth years for a woman you met for just two months?

When he got to Kensington Palace gates, he is stopped by the guard. "Am I in trouble?" Harry asked through the window. "Was I caught?"

Peter, the guard, smiled at the prince. "No, you weren't. But, you do have a surprise visitor."

"Meghan." Harry breathed when he saw who's inside his living room.

Meghan Markle stood before him, just a few feet away. "I'm sorry." She finally said walking towards Harry quickly and hugging him. "I'm sorry for the fight and being petty and immature."

I couldn't do it. I can't break her heart. He thought as he finally hugged her back and inhaled the scent of her hair. "It's ok. I'm sorry too." He whispered kissing the top of her head. Maybe this time around it will be different, you know? "Let's not fight again."

"Let's." Meghan agreed slightly pulling away from the hug and giving Harry a kiss on the lips. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too."

Bella woke up with her father in the room and Harry gone. "Good morning, dad." She greeted smiling at her father who smiled back at her. "So, am I fine to go home later?" she asked her father who folded his newspaper and went to sit at the edge of her bed.

"Bells."

"Yes?"

Gerard Clarke sighed, "Don't you think it's time to visit Doctor West?" he asked his daughter who only looked back at him emotionless. "This is getting out of hand."

"I was just tired, dad." She reasoned out not willing to Doctor West. "I promise I won't exhaust myself anymore."

In reality, Bella is scared. It scares her a lot to go to Doctor West because she knows that she's not getting any better. It would either be a request for surgery or, worse, she's going to have an ultimatum with her life. It scares her a lot. If she is indeed dying, she would rather live her life without fear, without caution rather than being scared that she might be gone the next week or month or year. All she wants is to live her life and be happy.

"Please, darling." Doctor Gerard looked at her stubborn daughter pleadingly. "I can't see you like this."

"I'll be fine, dad. I promise."

After a few seconds, Doctor Gerard sighed and nodded. "If you change your mind, just tell me so I can schedule your appointment with Doctor West." He said and Bella nodded. "You're so stubborn."

It is not the same for Harry. He hadn't slept even though he's tired. Meghan's sleeping nude body is wrapped around him as they lay side by side on his bed and still, all he can think about is another woman. There was no feeling; there was no racing heartbeat or adrenaline or butterflies as he lay beside his girlfriend. He adjusted his arm underneath Meghan's head when she stirred. Mate, why can't you just be content? You'll learn to have feelings for Meghan again. Just give it a few weeks.

"Harry?" Meghan suddenly asked finally awake and placing her head on top of Harry's chest. "Do you like the doctor?"

Harry bit his bottom lip. "No." he lied praying that Meghan won't notice. "She was just an asset for my charity. She's not even a friend." He continued and Meghan nodded.