Endless, A Silent Whisper

AN: There's an optional readable part. :) For minors, please choose to ignore it. Thank you and please comment and vote! <3

"How are you?"

It is the first question that popped in Harry's mind as he sat beside Bella on the couch she was previously laying on at. He turned his head sideward to look at her. His eyes scanned the face of the woman beside him trying to see any changes that she might have. She still looks beautiful. He thought and his eyes, slowly, travelled down to her neck and then he saw the end of her stitch in between her slightly showing cleavage.

Harry frowned and quickly looked away. Her scar. He thought glumly licking his bottom lip.

"I'm good." Bella answered not even giving Harry a glance. Truthfully, she doesn't know what to say or even how to act. For Bella, she and Harry ended in bad terms- it was drama after drama that they never got the chance to finish what they had- or didn't have. But still, she can feel the love she felt for him a few months back and being beside him now pains her. She wanted to touch him so bad- she wanted to feel him again and it hurts her because she knows she shouldn't. "You? How are you?"

"I'm.. fine." He lied before biting his bottom lip.

"How's Meghan?"

This time, Harry couldn't hold back the sigh that came out of his mouth. He didn't want to talk about Meghan. He didn't want to remember the wedding. He just wanted to stay in this precise moment- just sitting beside Bella. But still, he deemed it necessary to answer her question. "She's excellent."

Bella nodded, "That's good."

They both sat there in silence once again; both thinking of what to say to one another that's not going to be inappropriate. Harry had a lot to ask Bella. He wanted so much to ask her questions- he wanted so 9much to ask her 'why'. But it scared him to open his mouth because he knew that some of Bella's answers will absolutely hurt him.

But you have to know. His mind urged.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he then suddenly asked finally having the courage to look at her intently. He watched her bite her bottom lip for merely a second before giving out a sigh and shaking her head. "I need to know.. I want to.."

"Because I didn't think that it would be important."

But he didn't believe her fully. He can see right through her; he can see her holding back. "I deserve to know the whole truth." He said and once again, she bit her lip. "I told you that I wanted to try and you didn't tell me why you didn't- you lied to me and told me a different reason-"

"-I had to-"

"-NO, YOU DON'T." he said loudly, almost yelling and Bella turned her head to look back at him finally. "You didn't have to lie." He said- his voice cracking at the end. "You didn't have to lie to me. I laid out my feelings and told you that I love you. I still do."

"Harry, please." She said shaking her head.

Harry stood up from where he sat and ran his hand through his hair angrily before facing her once again. "I want to know why." He said. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Bella stared at the broken man before her. "I thought I was protecting you." She finally answered and she saw his face change from sadness to disbelief to anger.

"Protecting me?" he said almost spitting out every syllable that came out of his mouth. "Look at me, Bella." His agitation overtook him and he walked towards Bella briskly. "Look at me." He said firmly- his hands now placed on both her shoulders as she looked up at him with mouth slightly parted- unable to react at the sudden briskness. His blue eyes searched her warm brown ones and suddenly, his resolve is gone.