five

AN: Though this story takes place before the 6th book, Sirius is alive, because I happen to like him, and he's necessary for a part of the plot. Enjoy the next chapter, my lovelies.

5

Then:

"Why, Wood, we're here to train our new Seeker and Chaser," Flint said with a grin. A familiar smirk toyed with Carina's lips as she watched the Gryffindor and Slytherin captains battle it out.

Her eye caught Potter's, and she winked at him. He returned it with a grimace. She did so love to toy with people's emotions.

A flash of bushy hair caught her attention next, and Carina recognized the girl as Hermione Granger.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got in on pure talent," the Gryffindor said, looking pointedly at their brooms.

Carina's grip on her broom tightened. This girl had a way of getting under her skin.

Now:

Sirius and Hermione were leading Carina to the room she would share with both Hermione and Ginny. Her legs were aching from the many flights of stairs, and her head still pounded from the mirror.

"Sorry for the stairs," Sirius said, with a quick look back in her direction.

"Don't worry about it, cousin. I have a very nice view of Granger's ass this way."

The aforementioned girl gave an indignant squeak, and turned to glare at the blonde. Carina simply smirked and continued up, brushing past the Gryffindor. She heard Hermione huff behind her, and knew daggers were being glared into her back.

Carina entered the cramped, musty room she would be staying in and grimaced. This was nothing like the satin sheets and natural lighting found in her room at the Manor.

"It'll do," she said, setting her bag down on the unclaimed bed. "Did you know I was coming?"

"Not really... Moony said a girl would be coming to stay here but he didn't say it'd be..." Sirius trailed off awkwardly, running a hand though his dark hair.

"A Malfoy," Carina nodded, "I doubt I'd be here if Lupin told you who, exactly, he was bringing."

Sirius looked sheepish, and Carina's suspicions were confirmed. What did she expect? Her family was a terror.

"Well, we'll be downstairs if you need us. You can... settle in," Hermione said, closing the door behind her.

Carina nodded absentmindedly, already trying to find a way to make the room seem bigger.