ten

10

Then

"Imperio!"

Carina felt the curse wash over her but she paid it no mind. She was in front of a bunch of Gryffindors, and she wasn't going to do something that would make them think they could cross her. If Potter could hold off the curse, she could too.

'Touch your toes.'

Carina grimaced at the voice in her head, answering it calmly. "No."

'Touch your toes. Now.'

"I'd rather not, thanks," Carina said. She felt every nerve in her body begging her to bend over, but she did not succumb.

'Fine. Do a pirouette.'

"Actually, I quit ballet a while ago so I'll pass on that one," Carina said shakily. She felt herself slowly caving but she only had to hold it off a little longer.

A few more tries and Professor Moody relented, taking off the curse.

Carina breathed heavily; she was worried she wouldn't be able to be that stubborn for much longer.

"Good work," Moody said gruffly, making Carina smile.

He had admitted it. She had known he would, but it still gave her a feeling of accomplishment.

Carina was in control. And no one could take that control away from her.

Now

Carina trudged up to her room before examining the remnants of her makeup. It was heavily smudged, and giving a grunt of annoyance, Carina started to take it off. Carina didn't bother trying to salvage the makeup, planning on putting a new layer on afterwards.

While she was arranging her many bottles of makeup, the door to the bathroom opened.

Carina quickly hid her face, uttering a small noise of distaste.

"Oh, sorry, didn't realize you were still in here!" Hermione's voice rang in Carina's ears, causing her to shift her face even farther from view.

"Wow," the Gryffindor continued, "I didn't realize you had this much makeup! What's it all for?"

"My cat, Granger. She really loves to eat it. What do you think it's for?" Carina could feel her patience wearing thin, and in annoyance she turned towards Hermione to show the brunette how unwelcome she was.

The girl's eyes widened, and Carina realized her mistake a second too late, cursing herself under her breath.

Hermione reached up tentatively, tracing Carina's sunken cheekbones and examining the almost black bags around her eyes.

"Carina, this isn't... this isn't healthy."

"I know that Granger, I didn't choose to look this way. I'm just having trouble eating and sleeping; every time I try I'm haunted by the things they made me do back at the Manor and I can't." Carina surprised herself with the amount of information she was giving away, but Hermione's cool hands against her cheeks made it hard for her to think straight.

Hermione furrowed her eyebrows, and reached under Carina's shirt, pulling the fabric over the Slytherin's head.

Carina had to force herself not to moan as Hermione's hands roamed her waist, and she swallowed hard when the Gryffindor threw her shirt across the room.

Hermione's wide eyes wandered over Carina's impossibly flat stomach, finding each individual rib poking out from tightly stretched skin.

"Carina, this is... this is not good, you need to eat something."

"I know," Carina sighed, "I know I do I just... I get lost in my memories; nothing anchors me here, to right now, and sometimes I forget that I don't have to spend every second keeping Voldemort and my family from seeing my true desires and motives. I forget that I can just eat and let my guard down. And I don't know how to remember."

Carina felt like she was being ripped in two, and she was trying not to unravel. The only satisfaction she felt was watching Hermione's eyes frequently dart to her white lace bra.

Carina tucked one of Hermione's wild curls behind her ear, mapping the freckles on her face in case she never got to be this close to Hermione ever again.

"Eat something," Hermione breathed, and Carina felt the hot air hit her neck. She was considerably taller than the Gryffindor, so she dipped her head so she could look Hermione in the eye.

"I will. For you." Carina whispered, face inches from Hermione's.

Hermione ran a hand along the back of Carina's neck, tangling her fingers in blonde hair, before bringing her lips up to Carina's.

Carina memorized the feel, the taste, the smell, everything that was simply Hermione. She wasn't thinking straight, she simply allowed herself to be swept away.

Carina was completely out of control.

And she loved it.