6.

When I thought about my life after high school, I saw lights. Millions of bright lights that shined down on me and me only. They were so stunningly bright that sometimes, they could get blinding. But, that was okay with me. Because even if they were blinding and got to be too hot sometimes, they were still shining on me and that was all that really mattered.

I was a star.

Stars burned brighter than the sun, they made elements that helped the galaxy when their light went out.

I was made of star dust.

Bright stars coursed through my veins, I was meant to shine bright for others and when my own light went out, my legacy would carry on.

I was a star.

"Y-You're what?" I whimpered, my iPod clutched tight in my hand, praying that I could just sink through the wall to get away.

Gerard propped his hand on his hip, waving a small wand around in his other hand.

"Well, I guess technically it would be fairy gay father but, what is it you kids say?" He asked me. "Fuck gender roles! Who cares if I'm a dude? Fairy Gay Mother sounds a lot better in my opinion. What do you think Kellin?"

"I bit my lip and shrugged, not really knowing what the fuck was even going on at the moment. I was just going to continue pinching my arm trying to wake up.

This couldn't possibly be real, it had to be a dream. I couldn't have a fairy gay mother, those weren't real. This whole thing was just absolutely impossible.

"Kellin!" Gerard said sharply. "Quit pinching your arm and stand up! We've got a lot of work to do!" He exclaimed in a chopper voice and poofed in front of me, grabbing the collar of my shirt and yanking me up.

"Work?" I questioned, absolutely confused.

"Yes," he confirmed, "Work, we've got a lot to do in a very short time frame, and we cannot be late!"

"Uh Fairy Gay Mother-"

"Call me Gerard," he informed me.

"Right up Gerard, what on earth are you even talking about?" I asked, scrunching up my nose.

"The ball Silly! You're going to the ball!"

I shook my head, "Lacey sai-"

Fuck Lacey!" Gerard yelled and pulled me to my bed, having me sit down.

"I don't have anything to wear, the girls got rid of my dress and Lynn ripped my invitation."

Gerard waved his wand, a piece of cardstock landed in my lap, "That invitation?" He questioned, I nodded. "What part of Fairy Gay Mother don't you get?"

"The Fairy part," I admitted.

My Fairy Gay Mother rolled his eyes and started tapping his wand against his chin, with every tap his skin changed color. Now, what should your dress look like?" He questioned.

"I uh, I really like the color yellow," I admitted and he crinkled his nose.

"No, yellow is so not your color." He informed me and started to twirl his wand, it zapped a few times, this time changing the color of my walls. He stopped and smiled at me. "I've got it,

I followed his orders and stood up, closing my eyes as he waved his wand at me, wind blew all around me, throwing my hair all over the place as he did so. After a few seconds it stopped and I felt something tighten around my waist and torso. I opened my eyes and looked down, letting out a gasp as I stared at all of the beautiful blue fabric.