3.

I kicked my legs in the air behind me slightly, I was lying on my stomach on my bed writing away in my song book furiously. The house was empty aside from me and I was absolutely, 100% thrilled.

I wasn't being nagged at by my stupid step family to do some stupid chore, I wasn't being yelled at for wearing a skirt –a very pretty, brown, flowy skirt mind you—it was quiet and I was writing a new song; humming a little to hear how I wanted it to sound.

These were my favorite days, when Lacey was working late, Lynn was at dance practice and Tay was with her girlfriend, Jenna. It was just great to not be stuck listening to all of them criticize me all day.

Huh.

Criticize.

I smiled and scribbled down the lyrics that were now dancing around in my mind. Justin and I were working on a demo that I could one day give to a record company. We only had one song that was actually finished, it just didn't have a title and we needed to figure out a way that we could record it without it having to just be on my iPod.

I lived my alone time, it was what kept me sane the majority of the time. Yeah, I was a major social butterfly that lived for being the center of attention. But, I still needed time to recharge every once in a while and just get my sweet alone time. It was when I would just unwind, meditate, practice yoga, write songs and just let my hair down.

Much to my stepmother's disdain, I practiced parts of Hinduism. I wasn't Hindu really, but I followed a lot of the things that had to do with Hinduism. I loved all of the ideals behind it, like yoga, vegetarianism, centering myself, my crystals and finding peace within were all major parts of that religion. I wasn't a religious person per say, I didn't believe that god was this big scary, divine being that ruled our lives or bossed us around.

I thought god was like a clockmaker, he makes his creations and then he steps back to watch them work and go on with their little lives, helping when they needed it but otherwise not stepping in. I knew there had to be something after this, we couldn't just live to die, there had to be something after death, I mean this couldn't be all there was and all there would ever be.

There had to be something and the practices were perfect. Those were my favorite, life should just be about finding the peace within, finding happiness and living this life as well as I could. It was another thing that kept me sane, especially with my family.

I twirled my pen around in my hand, trying to figure out how to get the words out of the way I wanted them to. I wanted to get as much as I could out on the page, that way I could let it sit, give it life and in maybe a week come back and edit it, then do it the same and edit it once again.

I heard the front door open and slam shut, the house now filled with voices. I groaned and set my pen down and glared at my notebook, I'd have to type the song into my notes on my iPod later.

I had an iPod that was strictly for my music, if I had a random line come to mind, I'd add it to my notes, if I wanted to work on a song, I used my iPod. And, when Justin and I would work on songs, we'd record it on it there and play it back. That's all it was for, it had no photos on it, no songs by other artists, no games, nothing of the sort.

It was how we worked.

"Kellin!" Lacey yelled from downstairs and I groaned again before getting off of my bed and stomped out of the room.

"Dad said don't give her trouble," I chanted quietly all the way down to the living room where she was, as well as my step sisters and... Vic.

I held back another groan as my cheeks turned slightly pink, he was the one person in the world that I clammed up like this. I was outgoing and confident, then Vic came around and I was like some dorky little kid with a crush on the "cool kid" and it was just ridiculous.