18.

What if the one you love, loved you back just as much? What if your love becomes this thing that is one of the only reasons you're brave enough to do things you'd never dreamed you'd be able to do? That was my love for Vic, even as a teenager, I loved him more than words could ever fully express.

He was like an ocean and I wanted to drown in him. He was a breath of fresh air when I needed it most. As I write this now, I can feel his hand on my thigh as we relax, or at least, we're supposed to be relaxing. He keeps getting onto me for writing and I keep smacking him for playing with my skirt.

I never imagined that any of this would happen, my life has been a roller coaster and it's crazy to look back and see how things have changed since I was a kid. So, so much had changed and even though things were difficult at times, it was all so very worth it.

I smiled as I ground against Vic slowly, his hands rested on my hips, bunching up the soft fabric of my skirt. We were currently at a party one of Vic's friends, Jaime, had thrown for New Year's and it was amazing. The only party I had ever been to was Vic's party and this, this was nothing like the ball that Vic had thrown. I loved it just as much though.

"How about we get a drink?" Vic suggested, his hands still slowly roaming up and down my front. I giggled and turned to face him, my leg wrapping around his.

"I'd say that would be nice, just no alcohol," I told him, pecking a kiss on his lips before pulling away.

"Alright, you want anything in particular? Or..."

I smiled, "Surprise me." I told him before I gyrated against him, my fingers ran through his hair slowly. Vic chuckled and gave me one more kiss.

"Alright, just stay here and I'll be right back, or you can come with." He suggested, I shook my head. I was having too much fun dancing to quit just yet.

"I'll stay right here," I promised. Vic nodded before he went off to get us some drinks and I raised my arms in the air, moving around slowly, in rhythm with the music.

After a while, I smiled as I felt someone's hand on my waist, and leaned in, thinking it was my boyfriend.

"Damn, you're a tease," Mike growled in my ear, his fingers tightening on my waist as I tried to pull away from him.

"Mike, stop," I said, attempting to push him away from me. "We've been over this."

"I don't even fucking care if you're a guy anymore," he told me and I shook my head, my hands going to his chest as I tried to get out of his grip.

"Seriously, go away." I yelled, Mike laughed a harsh laugh and pulled me close.

"How about we go on upstairs and maybe have some fun?" He said in a suggestive tone.

"Aw look at Kelly, isn't she just a popular one?" I heard Tay say in a snarky tone over the music.

"Tay, get him off of me," I said, hoping that maybe, just maybe, the slightly nicer step sister would help me out in the least. Even if she was making fun of my pronouns, she still could help. Maybe?

"No, it's kinda funny watching you deal with him," she said. I glared at her and stomped on Mike's toes with the heel of my shoes as hard as I could. Mike let out a yelp and let go of me as I shoved past him and Tay, trying not to start crying. It wasn't even a big deal really but, they were both so infuriating at times and it had only gotten worse lately.

"Oops, sorry," someone said, bumping into me, their drink spilling onto my shirt, making me gasp. "Oh, never mind, it's just you." They said, and I turned to find Lynn smirking at me.