19.

Everyone has asked themselves, once or twice- or maybe even more- in their life, what they're meant to do in life. They think that they'll never amount to much, that they're never going to change the world but, they will. Everyone has a part in life, we're all here to do something important. I mean, if we weren't, then what's the whole point in being here in the first place?

Lacey glared at me as she held up the dress in between her forefinger and her thumb, her face screwed up in disgust.

"And what is this?" She demanded. She had found my ball gown after she had snooped through my room today and took out every single one of my dresses and skirts and anything remotely feminine.

"It's a dress Lacey, you do know what those are right?" I questioned, widening my eyes ever so slightly as I cocked my head to the side. "I mean, you're wearing one you know."

Her glare deepened, "I know what a dress is Kellin, but what the hell are you doing with it?"

"Well, I wear it sometimes, what else are dresses for?" I asked, clenching my fists, I was running late. I was supposed to meet Vic at one but it was already two and Lacey was still chewing me out. She had gotten some wild hair up her ass and had decided that she was tired of me acting like a girl and that it was about damn time I grow some balls.

"Kellin, you're a boy. You have a dick."

"Yes, I'm aware of what genitals I have," I said stiffly, crossing my arms as I waited for her to continue her nagging.

"Then why do you seem to think you can just wear dresses? You're not a girl."

"Uh huh," I muttered, not even really listening to her anymore. If she was going to get rid of my clothes, I'd just buy more eventually. I had heard this whole lecture multiple times and I just tuned it out, it was never going to do anything. I was never going to change who I was. Regardless of what my stepfamily thought of me.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I felt my cheek sting, Lacey pulled her hand away and forced me to look at her.

"Did you just slap me?" I asked her incredulously. The woman had given me a lot of shit in the past few years but she had never, never hit me.

"Listen to me when I'm talking to you, you little shit," she said forcefully, her finally manicured nails dug into my cheeks. I scowled and pushed her away from me.

"Get the hell away from me," I spat. Lacey slapped me again and almost as if my hand had a will of its own, I slapped her back. "Don't fucking touch me." I said, walking away from her and to the door.

"Don't you dare fucking come back until you decide to be a boy like you were intended to be," she yelled, I flipped her off and ran outside. I didn't stop running until I was at the park where I was supposed to meet Vic and fell onto a little bench. Then I let myself cry. I buried my face in my hands and sobbed. I just didn't understand what the big deal was. I liked how I looked, I was happy with who I was but it seemed that no one else was.

Vic probably even hated the fact that I was genderfluid. It probably annoyed the hell out of him that I couldn't make up my mind or whatever it was that Lacey kept saying.

"Kells?" I heard Vic say quietly, I felt his arms wrap around me and I choked out a sob.

"D-Don't look at me," I whispered, I didn't want him to see me like this. My face was all blotchy, I couldn't stop crying and the more I thought about it, my cheeks were probably bleeding from Lacey's nails.

"Too bad," Vic said, his fingers running through my hair. "Baby, just look at me. What's going on?"

I shook my head and leaned into him, "I don't wanna talk about it." I mumbled, burying my face in his chest, trying to stop crying. "You don't have to worry about misgendering me anymore. I'm just a boy, that's all I'm ever going to fucking be. You have a boyfriend and nothing else."