Chapter 1: The Brown Haired Girl

Delphine's POV

"Delphine! Diner is ready!" my mom yells.

Me and my parents just moved from France to America. I have to admit that i wasn't as fun as i thought. We had to fly hours to get here and then we had to wait for ours furniture which really sucked. Sleeping on the ground isn't pleasant at all. Anyways, changing schools wasn't that hard for me. I was bullied and only had one or two good friends. It surprised me that they wanted to be friends with me. Now, 2 days later, we are settled and we can sleep in a bed. Finally! My back started to hurt. We haven't really had much time to meet the neighbors but i did catch a glimpse of a brown haired girl that looked like she was 16 years old. I was happy that there was someone my age in the neighborhood that didn't look like a total b*tch.

"Delphine! Are you coming?" my mom yelled again.

I woke up from my daydream that i had about how life was going to be here.

I headed downstair and sat at the table. My mom and dad were already waiting. "I'm sorry. I was doing stuff." i said.

"What kind of stuff?" my dad asked.

"Just reading a science book." i lied.

"I didn't know you had that." my mom said.

"Uhm, i did. A friend from school back in America gave it to me before we left." i lied again.

"What's the book about?" My parents can asks so many questions sometimes.

"About science. I told you that a second ago." i answered a little rude.

"Wow, easy! We were just joking!" my dad laughed and gave me a playfull push against my schoulder.

I stuck my tongue out at him.

After diner i head back out to my room and look out the window. Right next to my room is the brown haired girl's room. Her curtains aren't closed so i could look into her room. Her walls are dark purple. Right in front of the window stands a desk with a laptop. Her bed is at the right side of the room. I can't see the other side.

Suddenly she walks in the room. I stop looking and try to act normal. I catch a glimpse of her looking over into my bedroom. It's not that special. Her's is way cooler. I have blue walls, a dresser next to the door, my desk in front of the window and my bed at the right side of the room. Just like hers.

I look back at her room. She's still looking over. She waves. I smile and wave back. She stands up and walks away. I feel a little sad that she's gone. Her eyes are beautiful hazel and her glasses go perfectly with her dreadlocks and nose ring. She's so cute. Before i know it she comes back with a paper. She shows it to me. There are big numbers writen on it. In the right bottom side of the paper there's writen: Text me.

You get it now. It's her number. You get your phone and text the brown haired girl. You feel excited. You don't know why but you really wanna get to know her.