Chapter 26: The Hospital

Cosima's POV

You've been in the hospital, sitting next to Delphine's bed, holding her hand. It's been a few hours since the shooting happend. You still can't believe what happend. That bastard put Delphine in a coma. He shot her right next to her heart. You are so tired. Everytime you close your eyes you see it all happen again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been 2 days since the shooting. You haven't slept much since then. Sarah wants you to go home but you have to stay with Delphine for when she wakes up. She has to wake up. She has to. Why did she take the bullet for me? He should have shot me. Not her.

You're just sitting there, holding her hand, waiting for her to wake up.

"Delphine? If you can hear me. Please don't leave me. I need you. You can't leave me. I can't live without you."

A tear rolls down your cheek. You already cried so much these past days that it feels like you just don't have any tears left.

Suddenly the machine that Delphine is attached to starts to beep loudly. You don't know what to do. Before you can do anything some doctors and nurses come running in the room.

"Ma'am can you please go wait in the hall?" A doctor says while walking over to the machine and pressing some buttons.

"What's going?" You try to walk back to Delphine but some nurses push you outside the room.

"Ma'am please wait here." a nurse says while walking back in the room and locking the door.

"Hey! Let me in!"

"Ma'am just wait outside."

You can hear everything the doctors say through the glass.

Some minutes later the doctors stop helping Delphine and they put the machine that keeps Delphine alive off.

"What?! What are you doing?!"

And then you hear it.

"Time of dead: 5:49 pm."