Chapter 12: Back Home

When the hug is over you look in Cosima's eyes. You stare at each other for a while.

"Hey lovebirds, what are we gonn do with him?" Scott points at his dad who's still knock out.

"I don't know. We'll just leave him here i guess. You can stay at mine if you want." you answer.

"Thanks Delphine." Scott slightly smiles.

Cosima steps closer to Scott dad.
"You really hit him good." she laughs.

She kneels next to him. "Who's the loser now, bitch?"

You all laugh at Cosima's comment.

Scott goes to his room to get some clothes and stuff that he needs. You all walk back to your house.

"My dad wasn't always like this. It's just...he had a hard time since my mom....died." Scott says with tears in his eyes.

Cosima gives him a pat on his shoulder. "It's gonna be okay Scott."

You arrive at yours and walk inside.
Your mom comes running over to you. She hugs you tight.

"Mom, i can't breathe." you say playfully.
She smiles and turns to Cosima and Scott.

"Hello Cosima. Nice to see you again."

"Nice to see you again Mrs Cormier. Uh, this is Scott. He's a friend. He has some difficulties with his dad so we were wondering if he could stay here for some time.

"Ofcourse you can stay. Any friend of Delphine is always welcome here. I'll show you the guest room."

Your mom walkes up the stairs with Scott following her.

"What are you up to today?" Cosima asks with a cheeky smile on her face.

"I don't know. Probably just gonna sit in my room and geek out over science." Both of you laugh.

"You know, i'm in a band and we are doing a gig tonight. Would you wanna come? We usually play covers." she asks.

"Yeah, sure. That would be fun. Are you the lead singer?"

"Yeah, i am. Sometimes i'm playing drums or guitar tho."

"Wow, could. Maybe you could teach me how to play guitar. I always wanted to do that."

"Yeah, i'd like to do that."

You give Cosima a hug. You don't know what suddenly came over you but you're just so happy to knoe Cosima.

"Thanks for being such a good friend." you say while scratching the back of your neck.

"It's nothing. I'm not the bully type."

It's cute how when she says something her arms are flying in the air. You laugh.

You mom comes back with Scott and you all go sit at the table. You talk a while.

"Do you wanna stay over for diner Cosima?" your mom asks happily.

"Thanks for asking but my parents are coming home and they want to talk to me." Cosima answers.

You hear sadness in her voice. Why does she always get sad when she talkes about her parents. You'll have to ask her later.

Cosima looks at her watch. "Wow, it's already noon. I really gotta go. See you guys around."

She stands up and gives you a hug.
"Bye Mrs Cormier." Your mom nods.
She waves at Scott and walks out the door.

Your mom, you and Scott have diner and then Scott and you head over to your room.

"My room isn't that special as yours but i like it."

"It's pretty cool actually. I wish i had a room like this rather than my room now." he laughs.

You both start to talk about science and the stars and DNA and stuff. He tells you more about the clone club. There are probably over hundreds of Leda clones on the earth. They are all genetic identical. You start to understand everything.