Chapter 1

"How are you doing today?" Asked Todoroki entering the room.

"Way better..." Said Midoriya with a weak smile.

Midoriya had developed a strange illness, a couple of months passed with him coughing and having a lot of fever. Some days were better than others. Sometimes, a week could pass with him going all fine and some other ones where he could only stay in bed. But things were getting worse. He was at home most of the time. Todoroki began to come more often, bringing him food or just for giving him some company.

"I'm happy to hear that." Said Todoroki with a smirk. He continued: "I've brought you something today."

Todoroki closed Midoriya's door and sat on his bed. He started to search in his bag, to bring out a really big bento box, that he then opened. It was full of good things, like sausage, rice, vegetables, omelet and really small fish shaped bread.

"Woah!! Where did you find those?" Said Midoriya in a giggle, taking one of the smalls fish breads.

"At a shop in the other side of the city. When I saw them, I needed to get some for you." Said Todoroki smiling.

"Haha...You're so kind Shoto. You shouldn't take all theses initiatives. You know that my mom can cook or I can always make myself something..." Said Midoriya looking away, embarrassed by Todoroki's kindness.

" I'm making theses bento because I love doing it for you. You already know that." Said Todoroki rolling his eyes.

"If you say so..." Said Midoriya, taking a bite into the bread.

"So, how did it go? Your doctor was supposed to pass today right?" Asked Todoroki, anxiously.

At this moment, Midoriya just blocked. He didn't know what to say to him.

The doctor had passed. And told him and his mother that his illness was really rare, and that it was incurable. While his mother was crying and hugging him like crazy, Midoriya had just blacked out. He wasn't hearing anything, like nothing was around him. He wasn't really surprised, because he could already feel how much he was getting weaker, and how much it was getting harder to get up. But hearing it for real was a shock.

He knew that he had to tell Todoroki and his friend. But he couldn't. He didn't want anything to end. He didn't want his friend to have pity on him or acting differently with
him. He just wanted everything to continue like it was before.

" I'm fine apparently...Well, I'll still have to stay in bed for a little while, just to rest and regain my strength. But after I'll be back at school and everything will be like it was before." Said Midoriya with confidence, with a big smile.

" R-Really? I knew you were going to make it after all!" Shouted Todoroki, smiling back at Midoriya before hugging him as tight as he could. "I was so worried..." He continued, tears in the corner of his eyes.

" Y-yeah." Said Midoriya, patting Todoroki's back.

Izuku had stopped smiling, he had shame. So much shame. He was mad at himself. He told his bestfriend that he was going to be alright, when he knew that he wasn't going to make it. Now he would have to do it later, and it would hurt Todoroki even more.

"I'm really happy. We are all missing you at school you know?" Said Todoroki looking into Midoriya's eyes.

"Haha...I'm sure it's not that bad without me.." Said Midoriya, scratching his head, embarrassed.

"C'mon don't say that, we're all missing you." Continued Todoroki, ruffling Izuku's hair.

"You should get going, you probably have things to do. And I feel pretty tired...I would like to sleep a little bit." Said Midoriya, getting back into a comfortable place.

"Oh, okay...If you're tired then, I'll get going." Said Todoroki, getting up.

"Thank you..."

"I'll put this into your dining room. Take as much as you want, it's all yours." Said Todoroki bringing the bento outside the room with him.

"Yes...Thanks a lot."

"See you tomorrow." Said Todoroki with a soft smile, before leaving the room and closing the door.

Midoriya had a long sigh before turning around to get comfortable. His legs were really painful and his entire body was feeling weak.

His eyelids were getting heavier and he began to fall asleep.