Chapter 19 ( FINAL )

Midoriya woke up with all his body hurting him. The pain killers the nurses gave him had probably wear off. His eyes were heavier than usual and he was fighting not to go back to sleep. Slowly opening his eyes, Midoriya noticed a card and flowers on the table to his right side. The chairs that his mom and Todoroki have been sitting on were empty, meaning they were elsewhere. Midoriya reached for the card, assuming that it was for him, obviously. He slowly opened it, not knowing who it was from yet. Not even half way through the card, Midoriya was sobbing. All his friends and classmates had wrote him a note in inside the card.

« Were missing you so much Deku. I hope it's going fine with Todoroki, I'm sure he's taking well care of you. We can't wait to see you once you'll get out of the hospital, we hope you get better soon.
- Your friend Uraraka »

« We heard about your state, I hope you get better soon. We are still waiting for you and I care for your well being. I'm the class president after all.
- Iida »

« You better not fucking die on me, Deku. And if you think you can just get away with it, I'll make you regret it and kill you a second time!! Were waiting for you....So deal with it.
- Bakugou »

Midoriya was trying to wipe the tears, his eyes so watery he couldn't read anymore.

"I'm sorry everyone. I'm so sorry" Midoriya whispered between sobs, now finishing the rest of the card. Everyone had written a little something.

Midoriya stared at the card for a little bit before putting it back on the small table, his eyes suddenly noticing a bag of small oats cookies and a strawberry milk carton.

" Guess he did buy me a snack " Said Midoriya out loud, a weak smile on his face. He reached for the milk first, the carton was still kind of cold, meaning he haven't been out for that long. But also meaning he missed his friends when they came to give him the card, which made Midoriya upset. " Will I even get the time to see them before I..... " Midoriya shook his head. " I shouldn't be thinking like this. Of course I'll see them!" He thought to himself.

The green haired boy started to drink the sweet flavored milk his friend have brought him earlier. It was soft and sweet, as expected, but because he haven't been eating properly in the past days, due to his state, the milk felt like a liquid straight from heaven. Strawberry definitely wasn't his favorite, but at that moment, it definitely was.

Todoroki entered the room followed by izuku's mother. The two of them smiled when they realized Midoriya was awake.

"I read the card, are they still around..?" Asked Izuku

"They left a bit earlier. " Responded Todoroki

" I see....How long as I being out for? "

" Maybe 2 hours. "

"I see...I'm sorry about it. I just feel so tired all the time...I wish I could stay awake and do so much more "

" I don't mind at all. " responded Todoroki was with concerns in his eyes. "I'll leave you with your mother for a bit, you need some time with her right? I'll be back soon, but I got to go home for the night. Only tonight. I promise i'll be back by morning okay?"

"Don't worry! It's alright Todoroki! You're taking so much of your time to spend with me already...I'll see you tomorrow! " Said deku with a soft smile on his face

" Alright, I'll see you tomorrow. Take care. " Todoroki said while leaving and nodding goodbye to Izuku's mother.

_______
The next day

"I'm happy I got to spend the night with you" Softly said Midoriya to his mother sleeping next to him, in her chair

She couldn't bring herself to leave the boy at the hospital alone, even just for the night.They had already transferred room, which was great for them and way more comfortable. Izuku had now a proper bed, a TV and some items of choice they offered him the day before. Izuku had chosen a gaming console to pass time and a deck of card to play with his mother. The sun was slowly rising as Izuku fell back asleep. It was approximately 8am when Izuku heard a knock on the door, he woke up abruptly.