Part Twenty-Two

"Hey, Angel, would you like a berry smoothie along with scrambled eggs to breakfast?" Antonio asked his beloved fiancée, he was standing in front of the stove, cooking some breakfast for both him and Nicole.

Nicole was in week 23+4, her stomach had begun to grow as well as her hips. She had putted on a few pounds, but Antonio didn't care. As long as Nicole and the baby are healthy he was happy.

"Yes please, I would like that," Nicole answered, her gaze focusing on her iPad. She had gotten addicted to play HayDay, it was her therapy in between her sessions with her psychologist. She had begun playing it when her thoughts on the baby took over her mind, and now she was on level 39 in just a couple of weeks.

"You're always playing that game, sweetheart. It's not good for your eyes, you know,"

"But you know it's my therapy, it helps me relax,"

Antonio sighed, giving up. "I know, I know. As long as it helps you I'm fine with it,"

"You better,"

Antonio turned around at her, with the spatula in his hand and and eggshells in the other hand.

"Oh, really?" Antonio asked, his eyes shined with amusement and a smirk could be seen on his lips.

"Yes," Nicole scolded.

"You know.. I can always use this spatula to spank you,"

"No, you can't. It's dirty. You can't use a dirty spatula on my butt, and we actually cook food with that,"

"Geez, you're no fuuuuun,"

"Stop whining like a kid and continue with the breakfast,"

Antonio huffed but continued on with the breakfast and Nicole sat quietly on her chair and continued playing on her iPad. It was a heavy silence between them for a while until Nicole suddenly hissed.

"Ouch! My-.. Ahhh!"

"Huh? What's happening?" Antonio dropped everything he had in his hands and rushed towards Nicole. Antonio's stomach begun to hurt in pure fear, could his girl be seriously sick?

"It hurts.. It hurts like hell," She managed to get out before she let out a scream and placed her hands on her stomach.

"Where Nicole? Calm down and talk to me," he sat down on his knees in front of her, watching her face.

But before Antonio got an answer from her she collapsed, her body fell to the floor before Antonio and the chance to react. Antonio screamed on his guards to call an ambulance as he checked Nicoles pulse, but it was slow and barely noticeable.

"Shit! Don't leave me Nicole, don't do it!" Antonio screamed, his voice full of panic as he begun to proceed with first aid, laying Nicole in recovery position and making sure she was breathing. But the ambulance was there in seconds after that, and they took over.

"Is she allergic to something?"

"No.. Don't let her die!"

"Calm down, Mr. shadow. We will do our best to help her, but you need to answer our questions. How's her medical health?"

"As it should be.. She's perfectly healthy, but.. She is pregnant,"

"Which week are she in?"

"23+4,"

The paramedics mumbled something to each other as they gave Nicole medicines, checking her heart and blood pressure. "We need to take her to hospital right now before her condition gets worse, Mr. Shadow,"

"Do you know what it can be? Can I follow in the ambulance?"

"We think it may be some sort of small bleeding, or possible something with her unborn child. You may follow, but you have to sit at the front with the driver,"

Antonio nodded shortly as he went to get his jacket, when he got back they had already put Nicole on the stretcher, ready to get her into the ambulance.

From her it was a blur for Antonio, it all happened so fast. They got the unconscious Nicole into the ambulance and drives to the emergency department with the blue lights on, and Antonio couldn't stop think about what was wrong. Was it something with her organs? Or the baby? Will I lose her? Good god, let her survive.

He was so deep in his thoughts that he didn't realize that they was at the hospital until the paramedic that had drove them there begun to talk.

"Mr. Shadow, we are here,"

"Oh, yeah.." Antonio opened the door and stepped out from the ambulance and saw the paramedics rush Nicole in to the emergency room, he had barely chance to react before he realized that he also should hurry. And he did, he ran as fast as he could to the emergency room where they had taken Nicole, but a nurse stopped him from entering the room.

"You can't go in here,"

"Sure as hell I can, she's my fiancée for Christ sake!"

"They are examining her, you have to wait in the waiting room. I'm sorry," she said and then she disappeared into the room, leaving Antonio outside in pure anger. But he calmed down and did as the nurse said; he went to the waiting room, he sat down and waited for nearly 15 minutes. But just one minute felt like one hour, and he begun to lose his temper. But soon enough a team came out, pulling the stretcher Nicole laid on towards the elevator.

"What's happening?! Where are you taking her?!" Antonio shouted.

The emergency doctor came forward to Antonio. "Hello, I'm Dr. Andersen. Are you Mr. Shadow? Nicole's fiancé?"

"Yes! What the fuck are you doing to her?!" Antonio shouted again, he stood up from the chair and watched the doctor with a gaze that could kill. He was about to run to Nicole and the team but he stopped in his track when the doctor begun to talk.

"We did an ultrasound on Nicole to check up on the baby so it was healthy.."

"And?!" Antonio turned around, he was shaking from the adrenaline that was pumping in his body.

"We didn't hear any heartbeats. We need to do an emergency c-section to try to save the baby,"
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
UNEDITED (!!!). Omg this took me sooooo damn long to get up. But here it is, short and all, but enjoy. 😉

~ Ame