Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Erik glanced at Charles as they woke up in their hotel in D.C. They would be spending the day here. He didn't even know this guy very well. What was he doing? Charles was curled up in bed, still asleep. Erik stretched and yawned. He wasn't sure what they were going to know. His parents would probably be so mad at him for running off with some stranger. Charles slowly blinked and woke up. Erik gave him a smirk, "Morning, sleepyhead."

Charles hummed softly and smiled. "Morning..."

"Are we gonna get going?"

Charles yawned and sat up, his messy hair falling in his eyes. "Yeah... we can..."

Erik nodded and got dressed, "Great."

Charles got up and went to get ready as well.

Erik waited for him, "So what do you wanna do?"

"Well... there are a lot of museums. We can go see the Washington monument. And the Lincoln memorial!"

Erik nodded, "Yea, alright...."

"What do you want to do?"

"That's fine. We can just go around."

Charles nodded. "You didn't answer my question."

Erik glanced at him, "Those are good ideas."

"Okay. Then let's head out."

Erik nodded, "Lead the way, Mr. Know It All."

Charles grinned. "Alright!"

Erik followed him out of their hotel. Charles took him to get breakfast first. "Uh....how much money do you have...?"

"Enough."

"Oh...okay," Erik still ordered a very cheap item on the menu. Charles got food as well. "So what's the plan?"

"We can just walk around the city and explore?"

"Sounds good," Erik grinned. Charles smiled and walked with him. Erik looked around and hummed, "Look at that! The sky is so blue today! It's a beautiful day!"

Charles grinned. "I wish I had a camera!"

Erik smiled, "My papa always said that the world was made of such bright colors..."

Charles pulled Erik into a store.

Erik stumbled after him, "What did you see?!"

"Cameras!"

"You dork," Erik snorted, but followed Charles around to buy the camera, "Take lots of photos."

Charles nodded. "I will. Here, do you want one too?"

"Umm, yea sure," Erik nodded. Charles grabbed disposable cameras for each of them and paid. Erik giggled and held onto him, "You can take photos of the giant penis."

Charles looked at Erik, grinning. "What?!"

"You know, the giant one," Erik snickered, "The Monument."

Charles laughed and handed Erik his camera. He linked their arms. "Come on. Let's go."

"That's what I call my dick!" Erik followed him, "The Monument."

Charles laughed again. "Thanks for sharing."

Erik stared at him, "Have you ever gotten drunk before?"

"Um... I had wine once."

Erik nodded, "Does it taste good?"

"Not really. It was kind of bitter."

Erik shrugged, "Okay. Let's go looking around!"

"Lead the way!"

Erik pulled him along, talking excitedly about stuff. He would point to anything that looked exciting and drag Charles up and back. Charles took a lot of photos. He took some of Erik, too. Erik hadn't ever thought he'd be visiting places like this. He wanted to see everything. Charles followed Erik happily. They went in and out of museums and historical sites. Erik smiled, "This is so cool..."

"See? Aren't you glad we stopped?"

"Yea!" Erik grinned happily. Charles grinned back at him and walked. Erik finally sat down with him, "Fuck...I'm exhausted...."

Charles sighed softly. "Me too..."

"Will you carry me home?"

Charles laughed. "Absolutely not. But I will get us fast food so we can go back to the hotel."

"Alright...that works," Erik nodded.

Charles nodded slightly. He got up and held his hand out to Erik. "You're gonna have to pull me back to the car."

"No!" Erik yawned, "I'm tired too..."

Charles groaned. "Yeah but I'm the only way you're gonna get food."

Erik walked slowly with him, "I have money."

"Yeah... but then you'd eat alone."

"Let's just go," Erik pulled him along to the car. Charles smiled and followed him. Erik got in the car and curled up in the front seat. Charles got in and yawned. He started the car and drove. Erik relaxed in the front seat. He was exhausted.

Charles drove to the nearest McDonald's. "What do you want?"

"Just like a big burger and some fries."

Charles ordered meals for both of them, then drove back to the hotel. Erik helped him carry stuff upstairs to their room. He laid on his bed. Charles sat on his bed and began to eat. Erik ate quickly and then curled up on the bed, still in his clothes from the day. Charles got up. He was too tired to go to the bathroom, so he changed into pajamas where he was. Erik was already fast asleep by the Charles was done. Charles moved carefully. He took Erik's shoes off and tucked him in. Erik hummed softly but didn't wake. Charles crawled into bed and turned the light off.