Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Erik was allowed to leave the hospital about a week later. His leg was still in a cast but he was on crutches and happy to go. His head was still bruised but he was alright. Charles wanted Erik gone; he loved him too much to let him stay. He put off unpacking, so at least moving would be easier for Erik. Erik curled up on the couch and sighed. He was tired but he felt good. The doctors had said he would be good to go in a couple more weeks. He couldn't wait for that. Charles went to the kitchen and looked for something to eat. Erik stretched out and hummed. He didn't know why Charles was being so distant right now. Charles started cooking dinner, wincing slightly when he moved around. He was still sore.

Erik got up and swung himself into kitchen, "Hey..."

Charles looked at him. "Hi..."

"How's it going?"

"Good..."

Erik nodded, "Me too! I can move really fast on my crutches now."

"That's good... just be careful," he said softly.

"Of course."

Charles got a couple plates down for them.

Erik grinned, "Yum."

Charles smiled softly and served them.

Erik sat down and set his crutches down, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Are you?"

Erik nodded, "Yea. You still owe me some sex."

Charles laughed softly. "After the cast is off."

Erik nodded, "Good. I can't wait."

"Yeah...."

Erik started to eat once they had dinner, "I'm glad we didn't get hit when I was in the sunroof."

"Yeah.... me too..."

Erik smiled at him, "So, what's going on with you? You've barely been around...."

"I don't know..."

"Hey! I may be stupid, but I spent weeks in the car with you! I know when you're hiding things from me."

Charles sighed. "I... I'm gonna get you a train ticket when the cast comes off..."

"Where are we going now?!"

"Just... you..."

"What....?"

"I told you. Everyone I love gets hurt."

Erik stared at his plate, "After my cast comes off...?"

"Yeah...."

Erik nodded and then stood up, putting weight on his broken leg, "Then it won't come off."

"What?!" Charles hurried over and grabbed him, lifting him up slightly. "Erik, stop it!"

Erik struggled, kicking out at him, "No! I don't want to leave you!"

Charles held onto him tightly, pain flaring up where Erik kicked him. "You're not safe with me!"

Erik sniffled, "I don't care!"

"I do! I can't live with myself like this!"

Erik sobbed and buried his head into Charles' shoulder, "Don't turn me out. That'll hurt more than any accident...."

Charles held him close and sniffled. "I almost lost you..."

Erik held onto him tightly, "You'll lose me forever if you send me away."