Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Erik was sitting happily in the front seat again, while they drove. He ate a sandwich and grinned, "How much longer?"

"Um... only about an hour."

Erik smiled, "Great!"

"Still excited to see my house?"

Erik nodded.

"Good. Be excited."

"I will be!"

Charles grinned and drove.

Erik propped his feet up again, "It's gonna be great!"

Charles smiled softly and drove calmly.

Erik hummed, "We can live together!"

"I'm excited..." Charles grinned and drove. He was finally happy. He had someone to love, who loved him back. They would be okay.

Erik smiled, "Me too! I want to sleep in a real bed!"

"You can sleep in my bed."

"Yes! I will!"

"But I do want to move... so..."

"I'll still sleep in your bed."

"Good."

Erik took a drink, "Can't wait!"

Charles pulled over to stop for lunch.

"This has been so fun!"

"I'm kind of sad that it's ending."

"Yea but I'm sure your gas bill has added up."

"Well, yeah. You cost me a lot."

Erik smiled at him and bounced his stuffed tiger in his lap, "Sorry."

"No you're not."

"You're right!"

Charles grinned. He turned Erik's favorite radio station on.

Erik hummed along happily and smiled at him, "See it's good stuff!"

"Yeah, yeah... I'm used to it now..."

Erik grinned, "Good music! Finally!"

Charles turned it up and drove home. Erik rolled down the window and stuck his hand out happily. He'd never felt better. He couldn't wait to spend forever with Charles. Charles was nervous as he pulled up to the house. Part of him feared that Erik was only using him for money.

Erik got out, "Holy. Shit. What the fuck is this?!"

Charles blushed and looked away.

"This is awesome!" Erik ran up to it and tugged on the doors.

"It's locked, stupid." Charles locked the car and went up to the house.

"It's locked, stupid," Erik stuck his tongue out at him. Charles unlocked the house and opened the doors. Erik followed him inside, "This is awesome....it's huge...."

"Yeah..."

Erik looked around, "So you....you lived here?"

"Yeah..."

"Wow."

"Yeah..." Charles sighed softly. He looked around.

"Are you okay?"

"This place just... brings back bad memories..."

"Oh....well...maybe you can sell it fast...? Or we can make good memories here..."

"Yeah..." Charles went to the kitchen. Erik followed him, not sure what else to say. Charles looked around quietly. He hadn't been here in years. Erik slowly went to the living room. He found a couch, pulled out his blanket and cuddled his stuffed tiger. Charles wandered around for a while before returning to Erik. Erik was sleeping happily on the couch, curled up. Charles slowly picked Erik up. He carried him to bed.

Erik hummed and hugged Charles happily, "So....are you gonna stay with me now....? Always?"

Charles smiled softly. "Well, yeah. This is my house."

"I meant even after you sell the house..."

"Oh... well, yeah."

Erik nodded as he nuzzled him, "Mkay..."

Charles smiled. He took Erik to his room and laid him in bed.

Erik sighed happily, "We're gonna have a real life together..."

"Yeah... we will..."

"Cool..."

"Everything will be fine."

Erik nodded sleepily and closed his eyes, "Cause I have you...."

"And I have you."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Erik was happily living with Charles now. He'd be turning eighteen very soon. He couldn't wait. Things would get a lot easier. Charles loved Erik. They spent all their time together. He looked for houses and always asked Erik what he thought of them. Erik didn't really care what house they got. Anything would be better than living on his own. But he always gave Charles his opinions. Charles eventually decided on one. It would make both of them happy. Erik was excited. They were actually going to do this. Charles packed the things he wanted and got rid of the rest. Erik smiled at him as they got in the car to move, "This is great..."

Charles grinned. "It is..."

"I'm so ready," Erik grinned as he leaned back in his seat, "New life, here we come."

Charles turned the music on and drove off. Erik sang along with the music, relaxed and happy. In just a few days he'd be an official adult. And Charles would finally have sex with him. Charles didn't even see it happen. The car was hit, his head snapped back, and he blacked out immediately. Erik was covered in blood, having been thrown through the windshield. He hadn't been wearing a seat belt. He laid, unconscious on the pavement when the ambulance arrived at the scene.