» 10: I want..

"Shut up!"

"You killed us, Dick. You sat there and watched us fall. How utterly disappointing." She gently spoke, her twisted fingers gently brushing my cheek. I immediately shied away, bringing a shaky hand up to try and stop her.

"Now look at you." He growled a hateful look in his eyes as he looked down on me, taking his rightful place at moms side. "Pathetic. No son of mine would end up in such a state."

"I told you we should've gotten rid of him when we had the chance." She sneered in disgust. Their bodies cracking at every slight movement they made.

"You're not real.. you're not real.. I'm hallucinating.." I mumbled, hunched over with my hands clamped tightly over my ears. "This is the fear toxin. This is the fear toxin- It's not real."

"If we did, we'd still be alive. Not rotting corpses six feet under some rich snobs soil!" She continued, lifeless blue eyes now locking with my own as I froze. My hands slowly dropped from my ears as I sucked in a trembling breathe. "Not even going to say anything?" She gave out an angered growl as she lunged at me. "You brat!"

A strangled yell erupted from my lips as I felt cold hands wrap around my throat, my back pinned to the ground, whilst she sat on top of me. The smell was.. nauseating. Droplets and droplets of her blood dripping onto my body, staining it a disgusting shade of red. "Please," I choked out, weakly wrapping my hand around her wrist. "Stop! I'm- I'm sorry!" I held back a sob as I struggled some more. "I'm so sorry!"

Her high pitched laugh mixed with his own deep one as the burning in my lungs increased, absolutely begging for air.

"Can't even fight back, champ?" My father questioned with a crooked smile, kneeling next to me. "I thought I taught you better than that?"

Everything was blurring out, as pressure built up behind my eyes, a painful ring mixed with their bone-chilling laughs echoing tortuously into my ears. "I mean, it is what you deserve for everything you've done to us, darling." My mother spoke soothingly. I strangled out a gasp as I felt her grip tighten.

"Robin!"

"Killing and then immediately replacing us for some lunatics playing hero." He stated as if bored, his body blurring in and out of my vision.

"Why bother fighting? It's obvious Slade is going to get you in the end. When that happens, you'll get everything you deserve." She gently spoke her grip loosening slightly.

"-breathe!"

I watched with wide disbelieving eyes as her smile morphed into that of a familiar madman, fresh cuts carved into her cheeks, as more foul smelling blood poured down onto my face, the taste seeping through my lips and into my mouth.

The taste alone broght tears to my eyes as I fought harder to push her off.

"The last flying Grayson is getting ready to fall!!" She yelled with a laugh. His laugh.

"This is what you should want, Dick." He deeply chuckled. "For such a strong mentor to take you in, to train you, and make you unstoppable. Batman can't do that for you."

"Admit it, this is what you've wanted all along. To be strong." I felt some more air sneak its way into my lungs as her grip loosened some more. Her face has reverted back to its previous appearance. "To be able to protect those you love."

"I want.." I croaked out past the lump in my throat, my grip shaking as I felt the previous pressure behind my eyes grow stronger. "I want to.."

"Richard.." She spoke gently, silencing me. "Give up."