Chapter 1

A/N: Hey guys! Hope you enjoy this story and thanks for taking the time to read it. The picture is of Nina Dobrev who I've decided is going to be Ismae.

------------------------------------------------------

Ismae's Pov

First day of school and I'm already bored out of my mind. I just wanna go kick some vampire ass.

I looked at the clock and we had 15 minutes left..

"Ms. Rienne, please pay attention." Ugh. I was currently in English class and it was pure torture. It was the last lesson of the day though! I wasn't one for Shakespeare and right now that's what we were watching. Romeo and Juliet. Could it get any worse? Apparently it could.

"Ms. Rienne I would like to see you after class." I groaned but she only raised an eyebrow at me. This was gonna be a long 15 minutes...

----------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Hiya! So, I hoped you liked the beginning of this and comment & vote if you want to. Thanks :D

----------------------------------------------

Ismae's Pov

I literally ran out of the English class while Mrs. Holden shouted for me to come back. Oh hell no. There was no way I was gonna waste my time with the old bat. I'm going vampire hunting and woe to anyone who tried to stop me.

1 and a half hours later

I ran after the vampire into an alley. This sucked. I was in Seattle and I didn't really know the area much. However, it was better then the town that I was in.

I grinned as I cornered the vampire. This is gonna be fun.

I advanced on him and ducked as he tried to grab my neck. I threw a knife at his head but it didn't kill him. Of course. The legendary stake in the heart. While he was distracted with the knife in his head I plunged a wooden stake into his heart. Dead. This vampire was obviously a novice. He didn't have any useful info on Mikala. Dear old Mik. How i'd love to meet him & get revenge...

Kane's Pov

I was walking down a street in Seattle when I saw a girl coming out of an alley. And I didn't like what I smelt. Blood. It was on her hands. I was curious. Why would a girl be in an alley and have blood on her? I followed her down some streets and she turned around a corner.

Suddenly I was grabbed by the neck and slammed against a wall with a knife against my neck.

"Who are you? Why were you following me?" I smirked. A knife wouldn't kill me. I tried to read her thoughts but got nothing.

"Why can't I read your mind?"

"What?!" Suddenly, she turned and ran away. I chased after her but she was fast. I lost her in mere seconds.

"Vampire" I hissed. She was like my family & I, except there was something different about her. I had felt a strange magnetic pull towards her when she backed me up against the wall. We would meet again; I was sure of it.