Chapter 13

A/N: Hiya! :D How's everyone? Hope you are all enojoying this story so far! :D

-----------

"Hey Ismae! What are you doing?"

I looked up from where I was sitting on my wooden floor, frantically searching for my Celtic dagger in the pile of weapons I had before me. Kane stood in my doorway, looking at me with a bemused expression.

"I'm trying to find something. Something important." I muttered whilst continuing my search.

I heard his footsteps coming towards me but I didn't pay attention to him, too busy rummaging through my pile of weaponry.

"Uh, what is this important something? Maybe I could help.." He crouched next to me and stared at me with those beautiful gold-green eyes of his. I looked down at the messy pile because I didn't want to get mesmerised by his eyes.

"I am looking for my dagger. It's very special to me. It has blue Celtic runes on it's handle." I started to try and find it again, confused as to why it wasn't here.

"Right. Why is this dagger so special?" He asked, starting to help me by sorting through the weapons as well.

"It's not an ordinary dagger. It can kill an original vampire due to the Celtic runes. The runes possess some sort of power or magic that can destroy an original. " I explained, getting up from the floor and making my way to my cupboard.

"Cool. So if we find this dagger then we have a chance of killing the original?"

I looked at him with emotionless eyes, "Yes, it will destroy the original. And there isn't a 'we'. I will be going on this hunt with the guy in the prophecy."

"You aren't going alone with some random stranger!" He glared at me,"I am coming with you, whether you like it or not."

I shook my head at him and sighed. Well, three against one is always better than two against one.

"Do you think we'll ever find mystery boy?" Kane asked me, a curious glint in his eyes.

"Maybe. Maybe not. I just hope that it isn't the latter. We need him in order to get rid of the original."

"Do you know the name of the original? Or what he looks like? Any information on the enemy would be useful.." He stated thoughtfully.

"Well, I don't know what his name is. But I can tell you this: I do know what he looks like. I could never forget the face of my parents' killer." I replied bitterly.

"Could you draw out a picture of him? Or describe him to me? No, I know what would be better! If you conjured up an image of his face in your head, I could read your mind and be able to see what he looks like." He explained excitedly. I stared at him suspiciously. Should I trust him enough to let him into my head and to see my thoughts?

He must've seen my expression because he said hastily, "I'm not going to pry. I just want to get an idea of what this original vampire looks like."

I sighed reluctantly before hesitantly bringing down the block that I had placed to stop Kane from reading my thoughts. I closed my eyes and brought an image of the killer to my head. Seeing his face, I felt hatred deep inside me as I thought of the monster that took away the only people I had loved.

Kane sucked in a breath, "Shit. This is so fucked up in so many was."

I opened my eyes, startled by his voice and the image faded away.

"What? Is something wrong?" I asked. What had he seen that was so horrible?

His face was pale and there was a pained expression on his face. I went up to him and put a hand on his arm, concerned. "What's wrong Kane?" I murmured softly to him. He looked at me with unfathomable eyes.

"The man that killed your parents; he is the same vampire that killed my little brother when my family and I were humans."

Aw hell. This situation is so messed up and we are so screwed.

-------------

I don't know about you guys but I loved this chapter! :D Anyone agree? Votes and comments would be nice! :) And who do you guys think the mystery prophecy guy is??