Chapter 16

A/N: Hope you all like this! Please vote and comment! 😄

Ismae's Pov
We'd been stuck here for the past three hours. And I was getting well and truly pissed off. Groaning, I shuffled my feet, trying to get as comfortable as I possibly could what with being crouched in an awkward position.
Kane glared at me and snapped, "Stop moving around Ismae! You're making so much noise. Do you want the guards to hear us?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "They won't hear me because they are too busy making so much noise themselves. It's a wonder that normal humans don't know about vampires because I'm sure that you can hear these imbeciles babbling a mile away."
And what I said was true. They were all joking around and telling each other about what they'd found out about their master's plans. And by the sound of things, Markus had very bad things in store for this unfortunate town.

I started to move again and Kane hissed at me. "Be quiet! Look, get down! Someone's coming."

Before I could react, he pushed me to the ground and I ended up underneath him. I huffed under my breath but kept quiet as I heard loud footsteps coming towards us.

"Hmm. I swear I heard voices coming from over here."

"Get back over here Jordan and join our conversation! Stop messing about, looking for non-existent things behind that bush." Another voice shouted.

Kane and I looked at each other in panic as the footsteps came closer. I narrowed my eyes and tensed, ready to spring into action. Above me, Kane shook his head at me; warning me not to do anything rash.

I let out a relieved breathed as the man retreated, going back to his fellow guards. I quickly pushed Kane off of me and again I heard a voice say, "Jordan, you know that this fortress is full proof. It's impenetrable. Nothing and no-one can get in unless they are welcome."

I raised my eyebrow at his sureness. Well, you got that wrong buddy. Kane looked at me and smirked. Clearly Kane was also thinking along the same lines.
"Can we go yet? I'm bored. Nothing's happening!" I whispered impatiently.

He raised a finger to his lips. "Wait for me to give the signal." He winked at me once before disappearing into the darkness. Grumbling, I played with my fingers, waiting to hear it.

Minutes later...
"Cakes are great and so is killing bad vamps!"

I jumped when I heard Kane's voice shout into the darkness and reluctantly smiled as I heard his awfully childish signal. Springing into action, I jumped out from behind the bush, startling all the guards.

"W-who are y-you?" One of them stuttered, staring at me in shock.

"Hello boys," I purred, "No need to worry. I've just come to play." Staring at their lust-filled faces, I proceeded to knock them all out, one by one as they broke out of their haze and tried fight back. Unfortunately for them, they were all unprepared. Finishing off the last one, I smirked and scanned the ground, looking for any useful weapons.

"Oh come on Ismae! You couldn't have saved any for me?"

I turned around and snapped into hunting mode. "Did you plant the bombs?"

Raising a hand, he wiped some sweat of his face. "Yeah, all around the mansion. Three at each point."

I nodded. "Good, let's go."

We both silently ran towards the gaping hole in the garden wall where I had blasted it open with my special gun.
"Really Ismae? You couldn't have, I dunno, done it more subtly? Now there's a great gaping hole in the wall which I'm sure Markus and his cronies won't notice."

Ignoring his sarcasm, I started for the French double doors. I raised a foot, intending to smash the glass in but Kane stopped me. Instead, he put a hand on the door handle and opened the door. He smiled smugly and gestured for me to enter. I huffed and pushed past him. Okay, so maybe my ways weren't always the best. But they were definitely more awesome and fun!

"This way." He whispered, gesturing towards a hallway that stretched a mile.

I hesitated. "How do you know if he's down there?" I asked, making sure to keep my voice low.

He tapped his head before moving down the corridor. Oh, right. Mind-reader. How could I forget? I thought sarcastically, making sure that he could read that thought. In front of me, he stopped and snorted, shaking his head.

I tapped my foot impatiently. After a few seconds, he still hadn't moved and I said quietly, "Why the hell aren't you moving, dumbass? We are wasting time!"

He whipped around and glared at me, gesturing for me to be quiet before pointing at the door to our left.
Leaving my mind open for him to read, I asked mentally, 'Is Markus inside that room?'

He nodded once.

'Is there anyone else with him?'

He held up three fingers. Hmm, only three. We could take them down easily.

'Okay. How about this: You take care of the other vampires while I deal with Markus. When you're finished, you can join me.'
He narrowed his eyes at me, contemplating my idea before nodding.

I was about to go in when he stopped me by putting a hand on my arm.
"What now?" I mouthed. His eyes pierced mine for a moment before be pulled me to him and crashed his lips into mine. "Just in case.." he murmured against them. My expression softened and I kissed him softly once before hugging him. In the few weeks that I had spent with Kane, I'd come to care for him. And that worried me. But there was nothing I could do about it. You can't control love. It just come and goes. And for those who are lucky, their love chooses to stay.
Breaking myself out of those sad thoughts, I nodded at my mate (Yes, I'd finally come to terms with that idea.) and smiled at him once before bursting into the room, surprising the four vampires in the room. It was time to kickass!