Chapter 8

Ismae's Pov

It's been two weeks since the club incident and (thankfully) Kane had left me alone which was great! I don't know why he had a sudden change of heart but I was relieved that he didn't seem to pop up every where I went. This gave me the chance to start concentrating on finding my family's killer.
Yeah, I was actually meant to be planning how I'm going to get rid of Kane and his buddies but I just couldn't find it in me to do it. Just the thought of killing him made me feel sick and I had no clue why. It was frustrating and I hated things that I didn't understand. Suddenly, I bumped into someone and all the papers for my english homework fluttered to the floor. Groaning, I began to pick them up only I stop when I noticed a hand pick up one of the papers. I looked up and was surprised to say the blonde girl that I saw at Kane's house. She caught my eye and exclaimed excitedly, "It's you!". I'm sorry, but what? What blondie just said doesn't exactly explain much. I rolled my eyes and began to get up, heading towards English. "Wait!" Blondie cried. Resisting the urge to facepalm myself, I turned around and asked, "What now?" She looked affronted at my bored tone and I felt a little guilty. I mean, I suppose I was being a bitch but it's just because I miss Kane's company. Wait, what!?! No. Oh no. This is not happening. Nope. Shutting down feelings now. Yup, ok. I'm all good.

Bringing myself back to the present, I realised that blondie had caught up to me.
"What class have you got?" she asked me.
"English," came my reply. She squealed and grabbed my arm, dragging me to room 14, exclaiming as we went, "I've got English too! Lemme see your schedule." And that, my friends, was how I unknowingly became friends with Amelia Smith, fellow vampire and very happy blonde. Oh, and did I mention that she was also Kane's sister? Which meant that since I was going to be spending quality time with Mel, it was going to get harder at avoiding her dear brother. Brilliant.