Chapter 17

A/N: Hey! Hope y'all enjoy this chappie. The pic is just the story cover of my upcoming story. Go check it out if you're interested! And please vote and comment! 😊
Next chapter is the epilogue :D
Ismae's Pov
"Go!" I shouted at Kane, pulling my Celtic dagger out of my right boot.

He looked at me once, hesitating, before rushing off to take care of the three vampires.

"What the hell?" Markus exclaimed, looking at the two of us. "Who the fuck are you guys?"

I grinned devilishly, "Your worst nightmare." I started to advance towards him slowly, calculating my moves and assessing his stature. He had quite a heavy build so he would be quite slow, speed-wise. But that did mean that he would be a little stronger than me. Especially considering the fact that he was an original.

"Remember me?" I asked tauntingly. I casually threw my knife in the air, making it do a little somersault before dropping back into my practised hand.

Markus glared at me. "I sure as hell don't know you. But I'll make sure that you don't forget me."

I smirked as he advanced towards me. He started to deliver strong blows to my abdomen and luckily, I was able to block all of them. He growled in frustration as we started to circle each other again.

"So." I said conversationally, "I might as well remind you of who I am."

He rolled his eyes and snarled sarcastically, "Yes, please do."

"Annalise and Adam Rienne. Ring a bell?" I asked, making sure to keep a blank expression on my face.

Recognition lit up his face, "Ah yes. I do remember them. My poor Anna, if only she had listened."

I raised an eyebrow, "What the hell are you talking about?"

He grinned sadistically, but I could see a hint of sorrow on his face. "At the age of eighteen, Annalise Peters was betrothed to me. She was meant to be mine. But then that arrogant bastard Adam Rienne," he spat out my father's name in disgust,"came along and ruined what was meant to be out future."

My face twisted in anger, "He saved her, you prick!" I shouted, throwing a knife at him. He ducked. It missed him and embedded it's sharp point into the wall.

I growled in frustration.

He smiled evilly, "Oooh. Getting a bit touchy, are we? And besides, who is he to you? A relative?" He barked out a laugh when I threw a punch at him and missed.

"He was my father, you a-hole."
And then I used my full strength and determination to attack him. I lashed out, using everything in me to destroy him. His eyes widened as he realised I'd been playing down my abilities and that now I was done arguing with him.

He grunted as the full force of my kick to his stomach knocked him down. He grabbed my leg and twisted it.

"Fuck, you dick!" I screamed as my leg buckled painfully, the bone snapping.

He started to get up but I kicked him in his horrible face with my foot, using the uninjured leg.

He grabbed his face and howled in pain. I threw another knife at him and it impaled itself into his thigh.

He screamed out curses and I grit my teeth as I tried to get up, supporting myself with my left arm.

I spat blood out onto the floor just as Kane came rushing towards us. He looked at my sweating face, and seeing my pained expression, he hissed angrily and his head snapped towards Markus.
I shoved my Celtic dagger into his hands. "Go," I spat out.

He looked at me worriedly, "But you're leg. I need to-"

I glared at him. "I swear to God Kane, that if I get up and find that Markus is still alive, you will not get any kisses from me, ever again."

He bit his lip and at the look of panic on his face, I forced myself not to giggle. I guess I had him there.

He threw his hands up in the air, "Oh, screw it."

He bent towards me and before I could ask what on God's green earth he was doing, he gave me a chaste kiss on the lips before moving towards Markus.

I smiled faintly, gazing at his muscled back as he prowled towards Markus' figure.

Kane's Pov
Staring at Markus' helpless form, I smiled in pride and approval at Ismae's work.
Staring at Markus' face, I asked, "Now let's see, you didn't remember Ismae because that was a long time ago, but surely you must remember me?"

I grinned sarcastically in his face, but I made sure that my hatred for him could be seen.
He looked at me in horror, "You! You're alive as well! What the hell? I thought I killed you. I know I killed that bitch! She shouldn't be alive!"

I kicked him roughly as he started to insult my mate. "If you want to live, I suggest you keep your mouth shut."

His eyes held fear but he kept quiet anyway.

I nodded, "What I am about to do is for Ismae's family. And my brother Oliver. And for all the lives that have been lost because of you."

With that, I plunged the dagger into his cold and merciless heart. He opened his mouth but nothing came out as he gurgled in shock. I stared at his lifeless eyes, feeling nothing but satisfaction. I'd rid the world of his evil doings and now Ismae and I could live in peace, knowing that our loved ones' killer had been dealt with.

Turning around, I headed back to Ismae, ready to start our new life together.