Chapter 15

A/N: Hope you all love this chapter 😄

Ismae's Pov
"Kane, I don't think we are ever going to find out where Markus is hiding." I said, sighing in disappointment as we exited the science lab together.

He smiled at me reassuringly, "We will. But let's not worry about that now. Let's think about something fun."

"Like what?" I asked sceptically, raising an eyebrow at him.

"I know! It's great, isn't it?"

We both turned around at the sound of Mel's voice as she chatted happily to Colton. Kane growled protectively, going into big-brother mode when he saw his best-friends arm wrapped around his sister's tiny waist.

"Colton! What the hell are you doing? Get your hands off my sister. Right now." He barked angrily.

Colton and Mel looked up in surprise and then jumped apart, looking guilty but still happy. Colton looked at Mel longingly and that was the last strand for Kane. He growled again and advanced towards him, intending to punch the living daylights out of him I think. I panicked and before he could throw a punch at the poor guy, I grabbed his arm and turned him around. Feeling the familiar sparks, I took a deep breath and thought that I may as well get it over and done with. I kissed him. Smack dab on the lips. And Kane, as I had hope he would, stopped trying to get to Colton and responded back. Twice as passionately. And what was a simple kiss turned into a heated make out session. Damn, my mate could kiss....

Few days later
I jumped, startled, as Kane burst into my house and rushed towards me, waving a piece of paper in the air.
"I've got it!" He exclaimed frantically.
He shoved the piece of paper at me and I looked at the messy scrawled handwriting. It looked like an address.

I looked up at him and asked slowly, "What's this?"

He grabbed it from and shouted, "It's the address to where Markus is hiding!"

I narrowed my eyes at him and snatched the piece of paper from his hands. For weeks we've been trying to find a lead and suddenly one just pops up, out of the blue. It could be a trap for all we know.
"Where did you find this? Who gave the information to you?" I demanded to know.

"I was tracking a rogue vampire and then I realised that he was meeting up with an important 'client' because I was reading his thoughts. Anyway, he lead me to an abandoned mansion and I started to scope out the area and I came across lots of different minds from different people. And hey presto, I had the unfortunate pleasure of listening to a certain vampire's sadistic thoughts."

My eyes widened. "Markus?" I whispered, looking at Kane in disbelief.

He nodded his head grimly, all excitement gone.
"Why is he here?" I wondered aloud, looking at Kane in confusion.

"I don't know. All I know is that we need to get ourselves ready. We leave tonight."