Chapter 14

A/N: I'm really sorry that I haven't update for a while! I was just busy with my other story but I really hope that you all like this chapter! :) I think that it is longer.. :D

Preston Bailey as Oliver :)

Ismae's Pov
"Okay. Okay. Right. Let's just stay calm and look at this logically," I said, trying to stay cool as Kane sat there, still trying to process what we had just found out.

Suddenly, he got up and looked at me slowly, "Ismae..the prophecy speaks of a guy that wants revenge on this vampire as well. Since I lost my brother I haven't gone a day not thinking about how I would torture the bastard who killed Oliver. Which means that I'm the person that is going to have to be with you when you find Markus."

I looked at him in shock, "Who's Markus?"

"Uh, the original vampire that we both hate. Also, the prophecy says that I am the person you will stay with for the rest of your life. Which means we are mates. And that explains the feelings I get whenever I see you."

Suddenly, I launched myself at him and started to punch him, "You-" punch "little-" punch "asshole!" punch.

"What the hell Ismae? What's wrong?"

"How is it, that I've managed to evade any attraction to guys, and yet when you come along, I'm immediately attracted to you and all I can think about is you! All I do is worry about you! All the freaking damn time! What is wrong with me?! This is all your fault! I don't need you!" Giving him one final punch, I jumped off of him and backed away, glaring at him furiously.

The prick had the audacity to smirk at me, "So you are attracted to me! Ha!"

My nostrils flared, "I am most definitely not attracted to you!"

He wagged a finger at me, "Don't deny it, mi noti miga."

"What the hell is 'mi noti miga'?" I asked, confused, "Are you now Italian?"

He snorted, "Sweetheart, that's the old vampire tongue. So. You know how to kill vampires and what they eat but you don't know anything else about our kind."

"I do!" I replied indignantly.

He raised an eyebrow at me, "Oh?"

"Yeah! Uh.. vampires have mates."

"Yup sugar, and we are mates."

"We are not mates."

"We are."

"Not."

"Are."

"Not.

"Are."

"NOT."

Suddenly, my back hit the wall and I found myself pressed up against Kane.
Both of his hands were on either side of my head and his face was too close to mine. Way too close.

"Ismae Rienne, you are my mate. And you are mine."

I shook my head stubbornly, "I will never be yours or anyone else's!"

His eyes turned black and his vampire took over as he leaned forward, "You, mi noti miga, are mine whether you like it or not."

Getting frustrate and panicked, I tried to distract him, "What does that mean?"

"It means my little mate. Mi noti miga."

Trying to stop the grin threatening to take over my face, I said, "Well, I am not your 'noti miga'. And also I think that-"
My sentence was cut off as his lips suddenly claimed mine in a possessive kiss.
"Ungh." To my mortification, the moan came out of my mouth!
His lips travelled down and I felt his fangs nip at my ear. Hang on, fangs?!?

"Oh gods, you have to stop Kane! If you mark me then we will never be able to get out of this!"
I felt his devilish grin against my neck and shivered as he murmured, "That was the plan, darling."

Before I could protest or struggle to get out of his hold, his fangs pierced my skin and I let out a scream of pleasure and pain. Soon I was whimpering and clinging to him and he stroked my hair as his fangs retreated back into his gums.
He kissed the top of my head and said,"You can't go anywhere now, mi noti miga. My mark shows that you are mine."

Getting over my shock, I pushed him off me with all the strength that I possessed and hissed at him loudly. "You effing mother-effing bastard! You marked me!" Rushing towards my bathroom, I turned around and looks into the mirror at the mark on my neck.
A golden phoenix with flames around it stared back at me.

Forgetting my anger at Kane for a moment, I asked curiously, "Why is it a phoenix with flames?"

He stood, casual and relaxed, in the doorway, "Well, I also have another power other than being able to read minds. I can control fire and that's why most vampires fear me. It's because I have two of the most dangerous weapons in the vampire world."

"Woah. That's...wow. I'm still mad at you." I stalked out of the bathroom, moving towards where the pile of weapons was. I scrutinised all of them once more and squealed happily as something glinted in the sunlight amongst the pile.
"There you are!" Bending down, I picked up my Celtic dagger and beamed up at Kane, "I found my dagger!"

Kane said nothing and just stared at me with a weird emotion in his eyes.

I touched my face confusedly, "What? Do I have something on me?"

He shook his head, "No. I just think that you should smile more often. You are more beautiful when you are happy."

I gasped at his statement before avoiding his piercing gaze, choosing to look at the wooden floor instead.
"Let's, uh.. let's clear this mess up." Gesturing to the scattered pile of weapons on the floor, I started to pick them up, trying to distract myself. However, my mind kept wondering back to what Kane said.

'You are more beautiful when you are happy.'

Yeah Kane, and you get more harder to resist everyday.